Lost Cat Magic

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
WhiteOne

Lost Cat Magic

Post by WhiteOne »

Hi all,
My cat has been missing since yesterday morning. He is a neutered male, so the chances that he just wandered off his territory are slim. I've already given notes to all my neighbors--and many people in the neighborhood. I've posted signs and I've walked through the neighborhood calling his name at 4:50 in the morning (they love me here.) I've also contacted the local animal shelter and posted in the local online classifieds. I know cats are known for their disappearances, but he is neutered, so he really wouldn't have much desire to leave his territory--although I am hoping there is some nice little old lady keeping him at her house with the force of table scraps and treats.
We did a spell for him, naming essential oils to help him--geranium to attract him home, rose wood for his strength, marjoram for people to help him, and chamomile to help us calmly accept fate and know that it will be OK. We lit a white candle.
If anyone has any suggestions, I really appreciate them.
Thanks.
'Hope all is well.
Ravencry

Re: Lost Cat Magic

Post by Ravencry »

Perhaps you could try chanting this: (you can substitute kitty to your cat's name)
Kitty, kitty come back home,
Where your safe and free to roam,
Kitty, kitty come back to my arms,
Where your free from fear or harm,
Kitty, kitty there's food to eat,
Come home soon, my kitty sweet.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Thanks Ravencry.
You're swift. I said it three times, I will have my son say it with me at bedtime (any minute now) too. The only untrue thing about it is the "free to roam" part! Because when little Mr. Fluffy-pants gets home, he is going to be indoor cat, for sure! I'm too young for this stress.
Please let him come home.
Thanks again Ravencry!
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Try this one, its from a very good book (The Good Spell Book by Gillian Kemp)

Place some food and water to your pet's bowls and then light a blue candle next to them saying

"My fair beauty gone astray
Please come back to me today
with my yearning heart and wonder
please come back to me from yonder

Afterwards leave the candle burn out, or snuff it when the pet returns, please tell us what happened. (Also my cat used to dissappear for a whole week, and then he came back like nothing happened,so don't worry)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Thanks GreekMale, I will try that. And I do hope that he has just found some nice place to hang out for a while.
Ravencry--my son liked your song so much that he made up several of his own verses!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

That's good :D I'm glad that he liked it and improved it :D
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

No ideas, but hope you find your cat, WhiteOne. :(
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Thanks all. My neighbor found him dead in his yard yesterday (I don't know how--probably a car or a dog, I don't really want to think about it). Then he brought him over in a bag, to my porch. So, in a way--the spells did work. I am glad that I don't have to wonder.
When I first asked my intuition to tell me where he was...it showed me that he was happily hopping around my feet--which immediately caused me to start crying because I recognized it as his spirit in the house, which would mean that he was dead. But when I asked it again--it showed me that he was being fed by a nice, little old lady. So, I think that is what I hoped--or maybe his spirit is being fed by a nice little old lady. I don't know. I am really not very psychic.
Anyway. Now that his body is home, and that I know he is dead, I can recognize his spirit and put his bowl out in the fall. So, I am glad. Although I am very sad that I will not see his little bobbing tail in the morning, as he asks for food. And that I will not be able to watch him grow. I talked to his spirit today, and it is good that I can know his condition so that I can treat him right, and also so that I can stop looking for him. Plus, I have decided that our other cat will become an indoor cat, and now I can stop leaving the window open because I know Sacha will not need to use it to come back.
Thanks for the spells. He would have come home alive if he could have. At least now that his body is home I can celibate him in death.
Asch

Post by Asch »

I am so sorry he is gone :( Let us know if you need anything.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Greek_Male_Witch

So sorry, about the old lady, well its what you wanted to happen, so you affected your intuition with your hope, it happens... :(
Asch

Post by Asch »

Er Greek you might want to re-read her post
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

Lost one of my cats a couple months back, Hopefully she's got the same old lady :)
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
Greek_Male_Witch

OK re-read her post. sorry
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

Sorry to hear it, WhiteOne. *hugs*
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”