Good Mabon Crafts??

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Good Mabon Crafts??

Post by Firebird »

Hehehe!, no... not for here, but we have considered bringing one camping, I would love to try a ritual loaf, baked by the Sun at Solstice, best we did so far was bake the ritual loaf in the dutch oven ...corn bread...for Mabon, you mix it up at the beginning of ritual, start the fire (when you call Fire!) about mid way thru the circle you put the dutch oven in the fire, and Viola! in about 20 min. you have hot cornbread for the "cakes" part of your ritual! YUM!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Oh my gosh, the ritual loaf idea is so cool!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

firebirdflys wrote:My oven has been broke since the end of last winter, only have a range top. Would really like to be able to bake a pie or roast a turkey...
I know how you feel, Firebird. I was without electricity for most of last December and had to cook Christmas dinner on the range top. I even managed to cook a pizza that way! :surprisedwitch:
Xiao Rong wrote:Any good ideas for Mabon recipes? I'm dying to try out some new recipes for the fall
Me too! I love all kinds of cooking and baking. smileylove
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

'

Mabon Crafts, Activities and Recipes - This isn't really organized the best but it's pretty easy to skim through. I found these lists online but I can't remember where I got them from.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

About the oven and turkey... I always went with my little brother on his camping trips when he was in the Cub scouts. They would do a Thanksgiving camping trips and they always cooked the turkey the "boy scouts" way by digging a hole in the ground and cooking it that way. I'm not too familiar with how they did it but I found this link describing a possible way to cook a turkey in the ground.

I haven't tried this method but next time I go to my dad's I'll ask him how they use to cook that turkey with that method.

'
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Altar for today

My rosemary bread for Freyr with the Ingwaz rune on it. Also apple pie.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Holdasown wrote:Image

Altar for today

My rosemary bread for Freyr with the Ingwaz rune on it. Also apple pie.
That looks great!
I wasn't able to cook anything yesterday because of health reasons but I did do a couple of other things to make it special.
Here is my altar from last night. I cast my circles outside usually so I've already taken it down except for the things I got from my yard, my kids & bf helped me gather some cool stuff. I'm going to make some things with most I it.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I think your altar is fine. I love you leaf candle holders.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Holdasown wrote:I think your altar is fine. I love you leaf candle holders.
Thanks :) I got those at Dollar General for $1 lol. Bf made my incense holder & the other candle holders out of Honduran Mahogony that his dad gave him a long time ago. I love it. I feel special that he used some of it for me because he's very sparing with it :lol: I'm going to embellish them soon but I haven't decided what with yet.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I love your leaf candle holders too . smileylove
m_apollo8239

Post by m_apollo8239 »

Oooh you mabon altar looks fabulous! It's so nice to celebrate out of doors!
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

m_apollo8239 wrote:Oooh you mabon altar looks fabulous! It's so nice to celebrate out of doors!
Thank you! My back porch is like my sanctuary. The backyard has some tall trees that come very close & they just soothe me so much.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”