Aleister Crowley's Thoth Deck

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
OperaGhost

Aleister Crowley's Thoth Deck

Post by OperaGhost »

I recently picked up a Thoth deck from the local metaphysical shop. I also picked up The Book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley. Yeah, I must be an idiot because it may as well be written in Greek.

I'm very familiar with the Rider-Waite deck. They are vaguely similar, but I'm still not 100% on Crowley's.

Does anyone have a book they could recommend on the Thoth deck that ISN'T by Crowley?
BabyGirl131519

Post by BabyGirl131519 »

Introduction to Tarot by Susan Levitt Published by U.S. Game Systems www.usgamesinc.com

Tarot Card Combinations by Dorothy Kelly Published by Weiser Books www.redwheelweiser.com

These are pretty simple to understand.

Hope it helps.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

The Thoth deck is a rough one to read with, and I've found that either it clicks with you or it doesn't. (For me, it doesn't click.) Aside from reading Crowley, the best way to learn that deck is to spend a lot of time with it, meditating on it and really studying the imagery in each card. Because of the way it was designed, most "standard" books on tarot won't be that helpful.
[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

I really love that deck and have had several reading done on it by a wonderfully gifted reader. I found this site on-line to do my own readings and it is very beneficial in that it can teach you about each card and the meaning as you do readings + you can store readings with your own notes and review old readings in the future! Very useful.

http://www.fourthdimension.net/thoth/
Kassandra

Thoth deck

Post by Kassandra »

Wow, SnowRaven, that's a cool site. I just had a reading and it offered some very insightful information about a situation. Thanks.
[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

Glad to share, Kassandra! I have really had some great readings done by it as well. There are probably traditionalists who scoff at not actually holding the cards in your hands, but many 'in person' reading are done almost the same as on this site.

I'll continue to use it!

Return to “General Divination”