What does this tarot spread mean?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
KaidaPyralis

What does this tarot spread mean?

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I went to a Tarot workshop yesterday, and we were doing little 3 card readings in the format of 1 - Questioner, 2 - Situation, 3 - Other person involved.

When it came to me, my question was about how things will be between myself and the guy I was dating until recently, as we've decided to stay friends but I still like him.

The cards drawn for me were 1 - 10 of wands, 2 - Ace of cups, 3 - The Star

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what this could mean?

Thanks,

Kaida
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Well, I see a life lesson here. 1 the questioner is represented by the 10 of wands. This is usually shows a guy hauling more wands than he can carry, and has a very long distance to travel.

I see someone burdened, someone who is overwhelmed and really needs a rest or a break.

The situation is the Ace of Cups. I think this is an emotional love situation. Dealing with the ideal versus the real.

The Star in the third position, I think means that the other person is seen by the questioner as an abstraction or an idealized form rather than a real person with faults and wants. Person A is running themselves ragged trying to please someone inside their own head, not the person who's actually there. I'm not even sure there's an acutal relationship here... I think that the questioner is persuing someone from afar and has cut as much bait as they can stand.

HOWEVER... this is also a wildly positive reading. Why? Well the cards are telling you to GO FOR IT! Ask this person out! Different cards would be saying this if it were a hopeless situation. Great and lasting love is possible here, with a good spiritual connection, too.

My two cents. I was a professional tarot reader for a while.
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

Thank you for your insight. I really appreciate it. As I have very little experience of working with the cards I found it difficult to believe it could be as positive as it seemed given the situation.

Thanks again

Kaida

Return to “Tarot Talk”