Religion problems

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
JacklynSnyder1o1

Religion problems

Post by JacklynSnyder1o1 »

I'm really not sure where to post this and I know I might get a lot of shit for it but I'm not really positive about my religion. I thought I was Christian but I'm starting to have my doubts. I don't mean to offend people but I'm not sure about all Christian beliefs. So now I don't even know what religion I am.
I believe in God but I don't believe there's just ONE god. I do believe that we all go some place when we die but I don't know if it exactly is HEAVEN. Or Hell. I'm just not sure... thoughts?
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which slides like an hybrid emotion
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which hurts like artificial love
-♥
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

believe what you feel is right, not because you're scared into the believe.

there's this quizz here drifting on the baord that might help you along a little but i think it's lost between other topics. lemme look it up for you.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

aight, i found the links, and a whole lotta memories :P

http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
this is a religion quiz, don't tak em like the proverbial bible but i still think they are pretty accurate.

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=5195

this is the pagan selector.

see for yourself.
JacklynSnyder1o1

Well, the only reason I'm scared is because of hell. I'm not sure if it exists but if it does I don't want to go.
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
-♥
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

if you read the 10 commandments one's you should realise that hell is were everybody goes according to those 10 points. but that's just my opinion.
JacklynSnyder1o1

Maybe I should search that. In Christian religion is a place to suffer. But I'm not sure if it's that way in other religions.
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
-♥
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

You don't need to be christian to believe in God.
You don't need to practice christianity to feel close to God.

Religion isn't the be all that ends all when it comes to the things we believe. From my own viewpoint, I think religion is little more than a chokehold that makes people comfortable.

Just let go of religion and go with the flow for a while and see where you end up.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Do you really think that your god is going to care about who you have sex with? Do you really think that he/she is going to care about what NAME you use? Doesn't that seem.... kind of petty for a supreme being?
Besides, Jesus threw out most of the old testament, and most versions of Christianity are basically living arguments over what he did and didn't throw out.

But the deal is, LOVE is the most important thing. If you love your diet(ies) you love your fellow man, you should be fine. There are lots of places on the spirit plane, and some of them are where people go after they die. Some of them aren't nice. But every person chose to be there. Do you really think that if you don't use the right names that you will be shut up in a miserable prison FOREVER??? What loving God would do that??

Don't be afraid to ask what Power or Powers you believe in to tell you what the deal is. Don't let your fear guide you... if you feel love and peace from that voice, and know in your soul it's true, and it falls within your guidelines for being good, then it is right. Spirits can't lie about love and not have a tell. IF the energy is tricky or inconstant, or doesn't have love in it, you know that it's suspect.

But that's my two cents.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

JacklynSnyder1o1: I once questioned my Christianity, tweenty years later, I stopped questioning my faith and accepted that I was Pagan at heart. It felt more in the right to me than anything else.

That does not mean it's right for you.

Take some time, as much as needed (I took a little over tweenty years give or take a day or two.) The BIG POINT is this: Believe what your heart tells you is the truth.

Take this advice. It was what a very good friend told me and is the thought that finally sent me in the direction I needed to go.

"It matters not WHAT you believe, but THAT you believe."

Take it and I hope that it guides you where it is you need to go in your faith.

Blessed be little seeker. Good journey.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

now that is a nice sig quote :!:

mind if i add it to my sig?
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

JacklynSnyder1o1 wrote:Well, the only reason I'm scared is because of hell. I'm not sure if it exists but if it does I don't want to go.
If you live a good life and treat people fairly and justly then why would you fear going to hell? If God loves us and we try to do his will, then why would he send us to hell?

That is why I am pagan.......
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Hey there's some great online quizzes that can help focus this issue for you!!

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

http://www.quizgalaxy.com/quiz_47.html

http://www.quizilla.com/users/LadyTiger ... %20you%3F/

You will find this helps you focus on the aspects of your life which most others consider important in determining what constitutes as your "religion"

Good luck, and, don't worry if some of the catagories don't exactly fit.

It's not a label, just a generalization..

Write back about your results!

Thet
JacklynSnyder1o1

EarthWitch wrote:
JacklynSnyder1o1 wrote:Well, the only reason I'm scared is because of hell. I'm not sure if it exists but if it does I don't want to go.
If you live a good life and treat people fairly and justly then why would you fear going to hell? If God loves us and we try to do his will, then why would he send us to hell?

I have lied a lot and I have not treated my neighbors very well. I cuss, I yell, I do everything against the bible. I haven't been doing good in the staying out of hell category.
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
-♥
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

JacklynSnyder1o1 wrote:
EarthWitch wrote:

I have lied a lot and I have not treated my neighbors very well. I cuss, I yell, I do everything against the bible. I haven't been doing good in the staying out of hell category.
This should make both of you feel better!

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=6693

Thet
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

If you are truly worried take violin lessons. There is a fiddle contest clause in the hell contract. I am sure it would be easier to learn to play the fiddle than to follow all those rules.

Kolohe
I am not afraid of the dark...I am the Boogeyman.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”