PLease help..........

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
moonlit

PLease help..........

Post by moonlit »

Hi guys,
I know I haven't been on for a while... it's because a lot of things have been happening and getting on the computer was the last thing that crossed my mind. Hopefully I'll be able to get on more.

I really need your guys help... For a few months now my little brother (he is 10) has been having some prophetic dreams... the things he dreams always come true... now it's not like seriouse stuff... it's mainly like. "I had a dream that grandma was gonna buy a porch swing." and then it will happen. The thing is, is that he came right up to me and said ", I think I have dreams about the futer" This made me speachless cuz my parents are HUGE Christians.... I just dont know what to do. andy help would be great.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's cool Moonlit. If I were you, I'd just let him keep telling me his dreams and let him know that it's alright to have dreams like that. If you get your parents involved and they are the kind of Christians that aren't into that type of stuff (or think it's demonic), then they will probably tell him it's all fake and he might shut down that part of his mind. And you wouldn't want that because it would be cool to have a brother who can tell the future. You might just want to keep it between you and him and support him as much as you can and tell him that it's normal so he's not scared.

Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

That's great advise, ... I totally agree.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Wow thanx... I just dont want him to be brainwashed by my parents.. grr.
_Snow_Falcon_

Post by _Snow_Falcon_ »

I absolutley agree with . You should also get him to start a dream journal, then you could both go over his dreams and try to interperet them. I think that would encourage him to have these dreams, and he would also learn a great geal on how to understand his dreams.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

If I had him keep a dream journal I would have to have him hide it somewhere in his room where my parents wouldn't find it cuz I dont think they would allow him to keep one.
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

I used to always hide my journal inbetween my mattresses, that or up in the vent in my room, or the tile (we had those tiles that are cheap and crumble when they get old). I also hid one out in the barn cuz she never went out there, it was an old barn, and it had stray cats living in it.. I tamed them pretty quick, but I have always had a knack with animals. Anyways that's getting off the subject... I am sure I could think of other sneaky little places for you later.

Marie
Xeno_Lich

Post by Xeno_Lich »

I was just wondering why you think your parents wouldn't let him keep a dream journal. People have dreams, it's normal, in the Bible, people had dreams. Your parents shouldn't think of a dream journal as something witchy or...demonic. Steven King keeps a dream journal..that's how he gets most of his book ideas. Umm..I've had to keep a dream journal for science classes. Perhaps if your brother simply expressed to your parents that he wanted to keep a dream journal to help his imagination and creativity, they should be totally cool with that. And if worse comes to worse, which I don't think it would. You go ahead and hide it, like you suggested.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

It's just that they believe that dreams mean nothing. They are just like something that happens when you sleep that is caused by events that happend throughout the day or by things you are thinking. They would tell him that it was bad and that its stupid to have a journal just for dreams. They believe in the Bible but they say that profetic dreams are like form the old Testament and that it doesnt happen anymore.. if it does its from satan.... Messed up I know.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Wow, that is pretty messed up. lol. It's hard for me to understand Christians who believe that things like prophecy only happened in Biblical times and not today.

Xeno_Lich

Post by Xeno_Lich »

wrote:Wow, that is pretty messed up. lol. It's hard for me to understand Christians who believe that things like prophecy only happened in Biblical times and not today.
Because the Bible says that the age of miracles is over. When the New Testament was finished (therefore..the Bible was finished) God believed that there was no longer a need for miracles in the sense of humans performing them. (I'm not saying that miracles don't happen in one form or another...I think they do.) At any rate, that's basically why. I could go into more detail, but I think you get the jist.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

the Bible says that the age of miracles is over
Hi Xeno,

The churches I were involved with always preached just the opposite, that miracles have happened all through time. I would really like to hear more about this, and if there is somewhere in the Bible that says that the age of miracles is over, please tell me about it. I'm looking through Google for info, but basically all I'm seeing is some people who say, "Although some might say 'the age of miracles is over', that's not true and here's the proof..." That's basically the kind of stuff I'm finding on the net so far. Like you, I believe in miracles as well. But I had no idea there was Biblical doctrine that said that miracles no longer occurred. They certainly occurred while Jesus was here, and that was in the New Testament. I realize it's a matter of opinion (certainly on a pagan board) whether Jesus actually performed miracles. But from a Christian point-of-view, is there any doctrine that says that the age of miracles is over? (That was my search phrase, and apparently many people use that same phrase - "the age of miracles".) I'm not trying to challenge you. I really just want to learn more about what you're saying. Don't worry about boring the other people here. They don't have to read it. I like talking about the Bible.

Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

Dancing Moon Child...sitting dreamily at her computer.....staring at the screen.....thinking how refreshing these posts have been lately......all well thought out...helpful.......tinged with compassion.....overflowing with intelligence......who says the Venus Transit in June didn't open a doorway?
I am so proud to be a member of this forum lately. You young ones have an insight lately that....well....blows me away. All of you, not just some of you, are creating a forum where people come and want to stay and actively participate. A forum built on respect and truth and trust. Kudos' to you all.
Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

As all of you know I have an enormous fondness for Google so I Googled the phrase "Biblical references to the age of miracles". I hit on a very informative website that might interest at least a couple of you.

http://www.christiancourier.com/archives/miracles.htm

It discusses biblical references to miracles and ...in my opinion....almost dismisses them after the passing of the apostles. Apparently, they were gifted with the Holy Spirit by Christ which caused them also to perform miracles. Anyway.......thats the website.
Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

lol you all know that I wrote an ode to google a long time ago right?? lol it's on here somewhere...

I told my brother to start a dream journal but he wont do it cuz he is afraid mom and dad will find it.... so sad.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”