What are your plans this comming Samhain?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
kuotetsu

What are your plans this comming Samhain?

Post by kuotetsu »

Anyone tell me, what are your plans this coming Samhain? anyone? Any rituals / framework you plan that you want to share? (how are you going to celebrate it) Thanks a bunch.. I'm going to wait for your replies. :)
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

It's fun, fun ,fun, all the way in our house. Here in Scotland we celebrate 'Halloween'. We have guising and merrymaking ,with the children, all night. We carve pumpkins -it used to be turnips , but that is very difficult [ thanks for the pumpkins - USA.] We go around all the neighbours doors,telling jokes etc. and get given food and treats -like apples and nuts[in the old days hazelnuts -nowadays monkey nuts,thanks again US, its still nuts - so counts] The symbolism of the apples and nuts goes back a long way,into the Pagan past as does the jack o' lantern - a guardian at the window in days gone by. Apples are associated with many legends here.Spells are performed by candle light on Halloween with appes for prophecy.The Devil [who apparently loves chasing humans on halloween????and has OCD tendencies too????] has to pick up hazelnuts wherever he finds them, thus you cast them behind you and get away.Phew!He won't cross running water either - so stay near a river.lol.We dress up and take the kids out.It is HUGE here in Scotland and always has been,despite the strict Catholicism and Christianity. We go to adult parties later on,when the kids are settled.It is a time to remember the spirits also, guising is part of that , we also tell stories by candlelight of those who have passed and of old legends too. We celebrate the year passed and the potential to come.It is not my New Year, but it is for some of my freinds -so I go with that.For me it marks the start of Winter proper -the nights of long ascension - the time of the Hunter.
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

that's really fun :) I might try pumpkin carving, and a party I guess. anything else?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I skipped Samhain this year...though i might try something new for the upcoming one. seems like good timing. i'll have to think on that.

that sounds like great fun Geri...here in Aus we tend not to do anything on Hallowe'en...though i think its on the rise...slowly but surely.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

I looks as though I am going to be celerbrating the holiday with a couple of friends. It is actually really neat. My group of friends was discussing religion a while ago, and it turns out that I am not the onle pagan in the group. Anyway, we have decided that it would be nice to work to gether sometimes on some certain things, and it looks as thouhg our first try at this idea, is going to be the major sabbat coming up. One other non pagan, yet very open minded frind would also like to join too. It's actually very exciting, planning a holiday celabration with others. I love my life as a solitary, but it can also get a little lonely on holidays.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I was supposed to go camping and do a group celebration/ritual with my "friend" and her aunt but that has been cancelled, sort of. They are still going but I'm not, as things are very on ice with us.

However, I think I shall just do my own little celebration and reflection.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I goth up my living room -not hard it's quite like that already.lol. Spooky lighting and pumpkins lanterns too.I wish I could invite you all to come and hear old Scots scary tales and join in the spookery with us.I scry sometimes when it gets quiet,read some Tarot for the friends whose NewYear it is. I t's a good night.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”