school

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
flinch

school

Post by flinch »

Ok, I don't know how many of you all are in high school or have any clue what it is like to put up with peoples bull shit day after day after day!!!! And it doesn't even have to be about witchcraft, these are the people who just say shit or talk shit just to be doing it. Because you're not in there cliche, well you know what I'm sorry that I'm just not that kewl!!!!

Ok, I'm sorry this is just really getting to me and I had to let it out....

flinch
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You know what they say about high school being the best years of your life? Well, they ain't.

Don't worry about it, hon. High school only takes a few years, and when you're done you won't have to talk to any of them again. Don't try to be cool, don't try to fit in, just be yourself and don't cause trouble. Be the good guy :)

High school was 10 years ago for me, and now I take pride in the fact that nearly all of those 'popular kids' that used to bully me are now the losers. Unsuccessful, trailer park with 3 kids and no looks... it sounds mean, but they used to think they were so hot and better than me and now the tables have completely turned because they are not who they thought they were and I have come into my own. I'm strong, self confident, successful and I have loves and goals. Who's the loser now?

Not you or I, trust me.
flinch

Post by flinch »

thanks, I don't try to be cool or popular, or even to get into any trouble, it just seems like someone always has something smart assed to say even if you just ask them to move a damn chair so you can get by..... it just frustrates me all to hell..... I know I need to chill but there are just some things that get to me like that.... or maybe it's the fact that I try to hold so much in... I'm glad this is my last year of high school!
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Then you're almost there. Just be glad you're mature enough not to do the same jerky things to other people! All they do is perpetuate the cycle, and I'll bet you anything they all complain about the same things you do... except they contribute to the problem rather than helping to stop it.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

do you mean clique? not cliche?

well in all honesty be glad your not in it. if you were you'd be like them. i was always taught not to care what others think of, or say to/about me. i know some people find this difficult try as they might. but i think its the best way to go. and that crap goes beyond highschool
flinch

Post by flinch »

do you mean clique? not cliche?

Yeah, my bad I spelled it wrong...

I don't want to be in anyones clique or anything else I just want to be left alone and I don't want any trouble from people! I do my best to ignore them it just gets to me sometimes and I try to vent it all on this board but sometimes I feel like I do with out meaning to.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

It might be that when you post you're talking about things that affected many of us at some point. Personally, I have a lot of negative experiences with high school, many directly relating to this particular thread. Therefore, even if you aren't meaning it to be a rant my old feelings come up and I see it as one because it would be if I was posting it first.

There are a lot of things that we all go through and talking about it here is a great way to calm down. Don't ever feel sorry for a rant, it's healthy.
Storm

Post by Storm »

I remember school sucking a big one.
kittiekat93

Post by kittiekat93 »

i hate highschool!!!!! the popular people make fun of me all the time because i dress goth/emo. the guy i like is one of the popular guys. he is the only one (out of the popular guys) that doesn't make fun of me.. but i know he hates me too... ohwell .. ill get over it eventually.
and lots of other people bug me about the way i act and look .. i made the decision to start dressing the way i do, i knew that people would make fun of me, so it isnt that bad. i will not give up my fight though. i like the way i dress and if they dont, screw them.

have a nice day :) or night... depending on when you read this..
Kitty :type:

BTW I might not be on here very much anymore, because my dad installed net nanny, and he doesn't know I am into 'this kind of stuff'

Sorry for any common questions or dumb answers.. im mostly new at this..
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Well, it's fine to make a decision and stick with it knowing that you might be ridiculed for it. But be careful not to complain too hard about something you chose to accept.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

School was hell for me. I was always the one getting picked and teased on. When Columbine happened, they told all the students not to tease people, or stuff like that will happen.

As soon as the teacher left the room they asked me if I was going to bring a gun to school and kill everyone. Now that is just stupid.
flinch

Post by flinch »

we just had a stabbing at our school a couple of weeks ago.... :( But like as far as people talking about the way another person dresses I think it was better before we got uniforms.... We just got uniforms this year and it still feels as if nothing has changed excepts what we wear.
"The past is a dark figure that haunts you so you remember the mistakes you have made and you live with them.... forgetting is impossible"
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

Flinch you are talking to the person that completely hated high school for everything it was worth. The social scene sucks when you feel you have more maturity than most kids there. You dont fit in very well.

Cliques are terrible and they were very evident at my school. You had the blacks..all...5 of them. The latins, the asians..(all 2 of them) and the popular girls which took up whole tables. And of course the goths...which amazingly had the only table that was under the darkness (Im not kidding...it was so awesome). Then you had "everyone else." Trust me, its not worth it to be in a clique. They dictate everything you do and that is not what you want.

But seriously, just be yourself, stay out of trouble and just work on getting good grades. I didnt like high school one bit, but I loved college and Im going for my masters sometime hopefully next year or at the latest 2008. Most of these bums dont even make it to college and those that do, drop out their first year becuase they realize they cant breeze through and copy anymore.

The cliques all disappear once you get to college where the campus is too big for cliques. Sure you have sorority girls and fraternity guys, but they leave you alone pretty much or you end up being friends with a few of them (like I have). Everyone is just way more open with acceptance. College is a great way to expand your socialization becuase people who are cliquish end up being miserable in college the first year and end up humbling themselves once they are broken in. lol.

So if they dont want you in your clique, forget them! They arent worth your time. Dont waste time on people that dont deserve you as a great addition to any group. You do have friends, dont ya? That is really all you need, your own little group of friends. That is what I had.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
flinch

Post by flinch »

I'm glad that they'll be gone next year... I just wish that I didn't have to wait another 4 months for it to end... as far as college goes I'm sticking to my community college.
"The past is a dark figure that haunts you so you remember the mistakes you have made and you live with them.... forgetting is impossible"
Storm

Post by Storm »

kittiekat93 wrote: the guy i like is one of the popular guys. he is the only one (out of the popular guys) that doesn't make fun of me.. but i know he hates me too.

Why do you like him??

Return to “Teen Concerns”