Lavender

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Teye01

Lavender

Post by Teye01 »

Hello all,
I have a question. A year ago I drank tea of dried Lavender leafes every evening to sleep well. As I am correct it is also supposed to keep demons (or such) away. The tea helped very much and I slept in very fast but I always got nightmares of it. Everytime I drank this tea I had nightmares and when I stopped drinking it, the nightmares were gone. I don't know if demons and nightmares are related but lavender should keep them away right? Can someone maybe give an explanation to these nightmares? I drank one cup every evening so I don't think I drank too much. Looking forward what you think.
Bychan Wulf

Re: Lavender

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Maybe it is the answer of your subconscious. You think about the demons that will be kept away, but you basicly think about them and your mind makes your fear come alive. It's the same principle that we use at writing spells:- Don't talk about what you want to avoid. Not even as a negation. Just don't use the word or think it while casting.-

Besides, you could also try building a "good dreams light bubble" around you before going to sleep, cast a spell, or craft yourself a dreamcatcher.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have heard that burning of lavender flowers (not the leaves), is purifying. The smoke of the burning lavender flowers emits negative ions, similar to what white sage leaf Is known to do. Drinking tea made of lavender flowers is relaxing and aids sleep. So the tea has one benefit and the smoke has another.

When I've been to a pow-wow at riverside, the lavender/sage smoke was thick. :annoyed:

A lavender-filled sleep pillow might be a better aid.
Siona

Post by Siona »

Teye01 wrote:I don't know if demons and nightmares are related but lavender should keep them away right?
Nightmares don't have to come from an outside source, most often they're going to come from your own subconscious mind, as most dreams do. Something purifying, as lavender can be in some ways, doesn't necessarily keep nightmares away. We don't always react well to every herb or such out there, it's possible there was just something about the lavender which didn't sit well with you. You could try something like chamomile tea if you're still looking for a sleep aid.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”