Negativity in Readings

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
ErisDysnomia

Negativity in Readings

Post by ErisDysnomia »

It seems that every time I read anything for myself the outcome is 9/10 very negative. I get cards like the Tower, 5 of Cups, 3 of Swords, 4 of Swords, 9 of Swords, and 10 of swords a lot in my self readings. I very rarely get positive cards. I think the only positive card I have gotten recently was 4 of wands as a relationship outcome with me and a friend. But that was after every other card was kinda neutral or negative. This includes having cards that are normally kinda positive reversed to reveal something more negative or neutral.

I don't think it means that I necessarily have all of this bad luck but I am wondering if there is something I am possibly doing wrong with self readings.

Am I even supposed to do them?
I am very new to Tarot reading so I actually don't know a lot of the rules.

What would make me have so many negative outcome/cards.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Negativity in Readings

Post by Firebird »

It may be harder to be objective when reading for yourself. Not that it can't be done but we are inclined to put our own twist or hope for outcome into the cards whenever you read for yourself. When you have alot of swords it's more about things of ones own mind, changing perspectives and what not. It doesn't have to be negative when approached with anticipated change in ones life.
:D
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Divination”