First pregnancy.. Advice appreciated.

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Alina_Rose

First pregnancy.. Advice appreciated.

Post by Alina_Rose »

Hey everyone. So I just found out I'm pregnant, it's my first time so I'm kinda freaking out. Any advice? Be it a remedy for morning sickness or a list of gems or stones that help with the process. Pretty much anything that's could help with anything to do with pregnancy or being a first time mum will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Blessed Be
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First pregnancy.. Advice appreciated.

Post by Firebird »

Hi there! Long time no see!
Congratulations! This is amazing news.
I do not have anything specefic to pregnancy that I can think of in the moment, however I am concerned for your well being. In the past you have struggled with depression, being pregnant will take you on a major emotional roller coaster. Have you had a conversation with your health care person?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Also congratulations!

My advice is to accept it while-heartedly. There's no need to be nervous! This is exactly what you were designed to do, and you'll do it wonderfully!

Most first time women will be anxious, and it's natural. It's a completely new experience. Embrace it! If you ever end up havin a second, it won't be the same feeling. This is totally and utterly unique for you :(

So! Eat healthy, love yourself, meet other first-timers like you and enjoy the ride! !!
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

firebirdflys wrote:Hi there! Long time no see!
Congratulations! This is amazing news.
I do not have anything specefic to pregnancy that I can think of in the moment, however I am concerned for your well being. In the past you have struggled with depression, being pregnant will take you on a major emotional roller coaster. Have you had a conversation with your health care person?
Bb, Firebird
Hi firebird! It has been a long time. Life has been pretty crazy and unfortunately I have been too caught up in it. Oh you recall my past posts? I'm very impressed. I admit I am quite worried about depression coming up again, as post natal depression is a common thing and I'd imagine more so when someone has a history of depression. I haven't quite had the chance to bring up a lot with my doctor, as I was stunned silent at the news, but thank you very much for mentioning it as that is something I most certainly need to talk about with them and explore some options.
Blessed Be
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

corvidus wrote:Also congratulations!

My advice is to accept it while-heartedly. There's no need to be nervous! This is exactly what you were designed to do, and you'll do it wonderfully!

Most first time women will be anxious, and it's natural. It's a completely new experience. Embrace it! If you ever end up havin a second, it won't be the same feeling. This is totally and utterly unique for you :(

So! Eat healthy, love yourself, meet other first-timers like you and enjoy the ride! !!
Thank you very much :)

I'm trying to accept it wholeheartedly, I'm just a great ball of nerves and questions and just... Argh lol. I have so many concernes and worries... I haven't even started to feel excited yet I've just been freaking out.
Blessed Be
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Haha, kool.

Whenever I get nervous or anxious, I tell myself that this is how my body interprets excitement. Being excited about something is way easier to deal with ;)

Are there any "pregnant women" groups in your area? I know in my region of the world, pregnat yoga (it's probably called something else) is pretty popular. I'm sure meeting other pregnant ladies will give you the opportunity to find your questions answered!

There's always your mother as well, or.... your mother-in-law... lol. Im pretty sure they know what's going on.
Lupvhee

Post by Lupvhee »

Hello,

Congratulations !!!

I remember when I was pregnant of my first daughter... I was so excited that a baby was growing in me !! No need to be nervous, it is so natural :) In a few months you will meet her/him. You will meet a person that you will love forever. Someone with whom you will share your life. awww♥

For morning sickness, the Dr told me to eat soda cookies...but I hate it, so a friend of mine told me that a little glass of ginger ale could help. It worked for me. I know there is medicine for morning sickness, so if you really feel bad, ask to your doctor.
True colors are beautiful
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Hey congratulations! !

Absolutely do talk to your doctor about depression. I didn't because i had no clue! If i had she could have helped me with my "all day sickness".

Ginger tea or ale is great! Acupressure ( a point below the wrist). Take it easy. Eat sth first thing in the morning! And always have a healthy snack and some water with you - wherever you go.
BB

Blue Moon
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

If you start craving sand and ice eat ice cream and breadcrumbs (my wife folks)
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Congratulations !!! smiley_dance
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
lapislazuli16

Post by lapislazuli16 »

Congratulations! For morning sickness and nausea you should buy these bands that put pressure on a specific point on both wrists. It sounds dumb, but they work amazingly well. You can get them at any drug store. All you have to do is line them up correctly and it'll either make the nausea go away completely or at least take it down a notch. (Depending on the severity) good luck! Many blessings!
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:If you start craving sand and ice eat ice cream and breadcrumbs (my wife folks)
Thank you for that piece of advice hahaha.
Blessed Be
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

Bychan Wulf wrote:Congratulations !!! smiley_dance
Why thank you :)
Blessed Be
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

lapislazuli16 wrote:Congratulations! For morning sickness and nausea you should buy these bands that put pressure on a specific point on both wrists. It sounds dumb, but they work amazingly well. You can get them at any drug store. All you have to do is line them up correctly and it'll either make the nausea go away completely or at least take it down a notch. (Depending on the severity) good luck! Many blessings!
Thank you very much. Luckily I'm in my second trimester and I am so thankful the nausea has gone!
Blessed Be
Chrysanthe

Post by Chrysanthe »

First of all congratulations. Pregnancy and childbearing are truly amazing experiences. Since you mentioned crystals in your original post and no one commented on that here is my advice.

Invest in a white agate. This particular crystal is great for protecting mom and baby and boosting milk production later down the line (should you choose to breastfeed). From my experience with my own children the agate truly does help as I was able to donate milk to a milk bank in addition to feeding a very demanding baby.

Below you will also find a link that can give you more information about crystals.

http://naturealmom.com/crystals-stones- ... um-beyond/

Hope this is helpful to you.

Brightest blessings,
Chrysanthe
*~* I do not exist to please the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy *~*

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”