Pendulum stopped?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
WiccanWitch

Pendulum stopped?

Post by WiccanWitch »

My first real experience with any kind of craft was with pendulums. At first it was a novelty and then I started to see there seemed to be a genuine response when I held my own and concentrated. What is yes. What is no etc.

I let my husband try it. And I've never seen this before but the pendulum stopped entirely. Don't remember the question. But I have used a friend's pendulum and had it respond to me. I've seen other people use them and even my daughters have used mine.

Has anyone ever seen a pendulum just stop?

Is it reacting negatively to his energy or is that pendulum not compatible (is that possible)? Pendulums for me have a yes a no and an I don't know or uncertain answer all unique. Found this weird.

Even the science part of me says it should be moving in some fashion.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Re: Pendulum stopped?

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

There could be a few different reasons why he didn't get any type of response. Pendulums are a personal thing and they are tuned in to your energies. Maybe your husbands question was too vague? Or he wasn't concentrating enough? Or his question couldn't be answered at that time. I don't think it's anything bad so don't worry :) my kids play with my pendulum (most of the time without my permission :roll: ) and get frustrated when it doesn't work for them the way it works for me lol.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I've used another person's pendulum before and it worked. Was weird. Best I could come up with was he and the pendulum weren't compatible. But it almost defies physics too. Lol. Oy
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Yes, it's a bit strange. Has he tried it again since?

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of pendulums could chime in?
Becks

Post by Becks »

There is the thought that a pendulum is moving becuase of tiny tiny movements we are making...even though we don't think that's the case. That it's like scrying with anything else tarot, candles.....that the tool (in this case the pendulum) is simply that...a tool that our beliefs and subconscious ideas can be projected on. If your husband wasn't necessarily connecting or having his own ideas come out...he may well have stopped it by himself....by not doing any of the small movements.

It's just a thought. Does he believe in any of this stuff, or is he quite sceptical? That could be possible reason. I'm not saying that is the solution, or the way things work entirely, but it is a possibility.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Interesting answer Becks, food for thought?

I have had a pendulum stop dead mid swing, I was dowsing for spirit energies during a paranormal experiment with other people, so I was not alone. I don't think I could ever have stopped a swing like that but this energy did and every time I repeated the dowse it happened again until we were able to plot an area. It was an old hanging pit.
I retired my dear pendulum after that as I felt the shock had changed our relationship.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

He is a skeptic for sure. He thinks I'm joining a cult of secret society that randomly sacrifices people. Smh. But that was not his thought when this happened. It was just curiosity and skepticism.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Well the scepticism could totally do it...in my opinion.
Starri Knytes

Post by Starri Knytes »

WiccanWitch wrote:My first real experience with any kind of craft was with pendulums. At first it was a novelty and then I started to see there seemed to be a genuine response when I held my own and concentrated. What is yes. What is no etc.

I let my husband try it. And I've never seen this before but the pendulum stopped entirely. Don't remember the question. But I have used a friend's pendulum and had it respond to me. I've seen other people use them and even my daughters have used mine.

Has anyone ever seen a pendulum just stop?

Is it reacting negatively to his energy or is that pendulum not compatible (is that possible)? Pendulums for me have a yes a no and an I don't know or uncertain answer all unique. Found this weird.

Even the science part of me says it should be moving in some fashion.
Try cupping your free hand under the pendulum to bounce the energy off of.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I do!

Return to “General Divination”