12 month spread question

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Hellebore

12 month spread question

Post by Hellebore »

Hey Everyone!
I have a quick question about a spread I did a while ago that has been bugging me and was wondering if anyone has some insight/opinions/advice on it.
I did a 12 month spread for 2016 using an oracle deck, I carefully selected 12 cards one for each month, but when I started to write down my cards and look into meanings I ended up having 13 total cards. what should I do with the extra card? It doesn't feel right to disregard the 13th card, but if I include it what meaning should it have?
For specifics I used the Halloween oracle deck by Stacey Demarco and the 13th card was "Eternal Love (Love is love is love and it transcends physical death)"
Thanks
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 12 month spread question

Post by Xiao Rong »

It's funny how the tarot works, right? ; ) Usually when an extra card pops up, maybe by falling out of the deck, or somehow getting into your spread even after you've counted carefully (as is your case!), then it has extra meaning for you. It might be a message that will be especially prominent for you right now, or perhaps for the whole year. Either way, don't ignore it! Study the card carefully and let your intuition feel out what its special meaning for you at this time is.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

... 12 months, 13 moons...

What comes into my mind.
BB

Blue Moon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I was thinking about a week long spread that has 7 cards, each representing a day of the week. But, I hadn't thought of one for the year! What does the spread look like?

Rosie

Return to “General Divination”