Portrayal of Empaths in TV show Charmed

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Chalice

Portrayal of Empaths in TV show Charmed

Post by Chalice »

I've mentioned it recently that I'm making my way through Charmed for the first time on Netflix.
Once again, I am blown away at how Charmed can be quite realistic and accurate amongst it's fake goofey magick world.

I'm talking about when Phoebie develops the Empath ability. (Not the Gosh awful primrose Empath episode with Prue).

In season 6, some of the later epsiodes as her ability is maturing, it's very accurate, including how everyone gets annoyed at her, and she gets annoyed at the Non-Empaths.

As an Empath this is what it's like in reality. I've even been told off for 'speaking on behalf of someone' lol. :fairy:
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Portrayal of Empaths in TV show Charmed

Post by SnowCat »

I remember an episode of original Star Trek that featured an empath. Learning to distinguish and channel all those feelings is definitely a challenge.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Experiences like Chalice's, where people feel validated and understood when they see their own abilities being portrayed in the media, are part of the good side of this. Personally, I don't know what I would have done without the show Medium. I started watching it just at the right time in my life. I didn't know other people could see dead people, like I was beginning to. I didn't believe it was possible, but my abilities just opened up out of the blue.

Watching mediumship portrayed on TV, and experiencing it my life, also helped validate to me aspects of both my parents' cultures. I then knew that there were good reasons why the Japanese and French Creole people in the South who practice African diasporic religions both happen to place such an emphasis on honoring their ancestors...they know those ancestors really are still "alive."

Glad you found validation, Chalice. It does mean a lot, I know. :wink:

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had forgotten about Medium. It was one of my favorite shows. Apparently, seeing dead people runs in my family, but it's never been talked about.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Hi Kassandra,

I liked Medium for a while too. But I think it got too whiney in the end. Much like Piper from Charmed! :fairy:

Yes, it does feel good to be validated. Only took 25 years... ha ha! :wink2:

Spirits visit me when I'm in sleep or trance. Very Shamanic. So for me to visit the dead I go to their world.

My grandparents coming to me in dreams validated a lot about life after death. It's the real deal.
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”