Tarot Help

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Floyd Pinkerton

Tarot Help

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

Blessed be, everyone! I know, I haven't been here in quite some time. But I had a question and I need some help.
Recently, my dogs started jumping up on my bedside table, which has been used as my altar for 8 months. My tarot deck was on it. And, unfortunately, one night a glass of liquid was also on said table area. My dogs jumped up on it and spilled my drink, all over my tarot deck. They are now effectively ruined. I know I need to get a new deck, but how do I properly dispose of the ruined cards? All the answers I found on Google were along the lines of "they're occult practice, they deserve no respect, throw them away, blah blah blah"
Does anyone know how to properly do this?
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: Tarot Help

Post by Naudia Threng »

I had a deck that got ruined once and buried it, then consecrated the burial sight.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Floyd Pinkerton

I'm still fairly new, so what is consecrating the burial site?
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Cleansing the area of negative energies.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Floyd Pinkerton

Can I burn sage around the area and let cleansing crystals sit around the area until I feel it's cleansed?
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've put my altar tools to rest via burning before. It seems to work for me, I don't feel that they're "gone" per say, but they are returned to the earth to join the decaying and rebirthing process.

Recycling works too, for the same reasons. Rejoining, re-use, rebirth, and being eco-friendly.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

You can still use them in tarot spell work. Using the cards to symbolize intentions of things you wish to obtain or work on.

Return to “Tarot Talk”