Getting really upset with people touching my cards?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Kitten_Kana

Getting really upset with people touching my cards?

Post by Kitten_Kana »

So my brother decided to touch my cards. I got very upset and cried. Im wondering if anyone else has had this kind of reaction? Or if this is normal? Idk... :/ what do you think?
Sakura Blossom

Re: Getting really upset with people touching my cards?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I've never cried but I took the route of being incredibly angry when my sisters decided it was okay to use them rather than just touch them. Without my permission I might add. I know there are those who feel connections to their cards and feel as though they carry their own spirit/feelings/etc. so it could be you we're picking up on their own feelings as well as yours? I'm not sure though. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Kitten_Kana

Post by Kitten_Kana »

Sakura Blossom wrote:I've never cried but I took the route of being incredibly angry when my sisters decided it was okay to use them rather than just touch them. Without my permission I might add. I know there are those who feel connections to their cards and feel as though they carry their own spirit/feelings/etc. so it could be you we're picking up on their own feelings as well as yours? I'm not sure though. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Haha.
Im sorry to hear that your sisters would do that :c but that is a very interesting theory! I do feel as though im very connected to these cards and that we share our energy. When my brother touched them, he was quite violent –shaking them around, squeezing them, etc– though im not sure about the cards feeling pain from that??
Well, im not going to rule it out until im sure.
Thank you for answering :)
Kitten_Kana

Post by Kitten_Kana »

Kitten_Kana wrote:
Sakura Blossom wrote:I've never cried but I took the route of being incredibly angry when my sisters decided it was okay to use them rather than just touch them. Without my permission I might add. I know there are those who feel connections to their cards and feel as though they carry their own spirit/feelings/etc. so it could be you we're picking up on their own feelings as well as yours? I'm not sure though. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Haha.
Im sorry to hear that your sisters would do that :c but that is a very interesting theory! I do feel as though im very connected to these cards and that we share our energy. When my brother touched them, he was quite violent –shaking them around, squeezing them, etc– though im not sure about the cards feeling pain from that??
Well, im not going to rule it out until im sure.
Thank you for answering :)
Hang on, that part about pain – i think maybe it would've been disrespect, rather than pain, that was felt... Idk
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

There's probably as many perspectives on this as many people there are. But it is normal :)
In my point of view, other people shouldn't touch your divination tools simply because you want your tool to stay as clean/neutral as possible and others can simply "stain" or grime your tool with their energy/emotions/thoughts. Especially if you're an empath - you pick up other people's energy and emotions easily - it can be annoying when others touch your tools because it might alter your divination results. If it made you upset just cleanse and charge your cards and it's going to be okay :)
Kitten_Kana

Post by Kitten_Kana »

Levitating Cat wrote:There's probably as many perspectives on this as many people there are. But it is normal :)
In my point of view, other people shouldn't touch your divination tools simply because you want your tool to stay as clean/neutral as possible and others can simply "stain" or grime your tool with their energy/emotions/thoughts. Especially if you're an empath - you pick up other people's energy and emotions easily - it can be annoying when others touch your tools because it might alter your divination results. If it made you upset just cleanse and charge your cards and it's going to be okay :)
Thank you for giving me your perspective :). i will give cleansing and charging a try. thank you :)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It's alright, I was able to cleanse them and make it so only my energy was on them. (: And it could be! I personally don't believe that cards feel, but I definitely believe they have their own energy at times - whether that's a combination of my own and those I work with to do readings, I don't know!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

A lot of people don't understand the connection a reader has to their cards. And some siblings just like to stir up trouble for the sake if stirring up trouble.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
azriel

Post by azriel »

Generally I only allow people to touch my cards in the context of a reading; they cut the cards. But that is really it. If they want to take a look at the cards, it needs to be with my consent and in my presence so that I can keep an "eye" out for any energy that might attach to them.

This applies to all of my tools and items as well.

I find I have the hardest time with my pets who feel that my stuff tastes delicious. ; P

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

It's kind of like how you aren't supposed to touch someone's service animal....you're not supposed to do it, most people don't know that you're not supposed to because they see something cute (a dog) or cool (anything on your altar) and just immediately want to touch. It's innate but yes people should be educated not to touch altar items INCLUDING tarot cards, without permission.

I think I got annoyed with boyfriend once for going to touch my altar things. My cats get into it all the time, because I have my altar in my window, but I believe my pets have nothing but positive energy and innocent little souls so they won't disturb my things too much.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I actually don't mind if other people (unless they have a history of trying to sabotage my life) touch my pagan-related tools. If I leave them out, I expect people will become curious because that's what people do. If I absolutely do not want any passer-by touching, using, or going through my things, I will put them in a private and undisclosed location.

Granted, it's been awhile since I've had a nosy sibling living with me though. But even then, older sisters always have their methods of hiding things. ;)

Return to “Tarot Talk”