Eclectic ?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Eclectic ?

Post by Silent Stream »

Finding , myself feeling comfy with eclectic witchery. I am a purist in most everything I do, but being a scorpio I want to take charge and do it my way. I started out in wicca and follow most of it close but lately ive been doing my own thing. And I am finding my way is better for me. I do alot of things that feel right for me, like I dont take bathes before ritual unless I feel its important to. I dont follow all the rules of what day to do magick,and were the planets are,and what special this and that can only be done when. I feel my magick is just that my magick . Im not trashing wicca, its were my roots were first planted but i feel freedom of doing my own thing. I honor God and Goddess and still heed the wiccan creed but other than that Im feeling pretty good about it! I do alot of herbal magic and seem to be drawn to it quite well. I guess Ive found my nitch. Eclectic I thought was doing anything you want but I find it loosens those chains I felt in organized religion. I still have roots but I want to grow my own fruit! Does this make any sense? I have felt more freedom for me to be myself, and I want to worship God and Goddess without all the rules and presure of being somthing else , I just want to be true to my God and myself! ''Silent Stream''
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Eclectic ?

Post by SnowCat »

I'm an Eclectic Solitary. The path I follow includes Celtic, Norse, and Egyptian elements. It's the path I'm meant to be on. It will change and grow as I change and grow. Wicca is an easily identifiable label for those not familiar with all the nuances of a path less traveled.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

SnowCat put it very beautifully.

And yes, Silent Stream, what you're saying does make sense. I think being true to ourselves is what Wicca and Paganism are largely about, and it's what we all strive for. If what you're doing in your practice is what helps you to feel comfortable and happy, then that's what I would encourage you to continue to do. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
lithe_forager

Post by lithe_forager »

my craft is very personal, i cant really put it into any category and i think if i did i would be limiting myself and not acknowledging my intuition. my heritage and blood line is very mixed, (native american, swedish, irish, and jewish) I prefer to think my ancestors send me all kinds of different signs, talents, protection and guardians. keep doing whatever makes you feel powerful. get into a routine and more new and different paths will present themselves to you.

also...YOUR AWESOME AND STRONG!!! sending posi witchy vibes to you. YOU GOT THIS! THE UNIVERSE LOVES YOU,ALL THAT YOU DO AND ALL THAT JAZZ
amy.ofori.3

Post by amy.ofori.3 »

Simply look at the sol, Luna, and stars, and love them, they read our mind, if we also know the trees are sacred watchers, that we need. I believe it was the sin to cut down not eat from trees. Thank your planets through earth. Never do they take a sick dAy. Also love your ancestors past present and future and angels, they guide us. Amy
amy.ofori.3

Post by amy.ofori.3 »

Empathizing for lost animal and Indian and Jewish souls everyday helps the process. I also love St Mandela, St MLK, Buddha , Allah, YHWH, and Gandhi.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It is OKAY to not follow Wicca. There are sooooooooooo many different branches within Wicca and Paganism. As they say, Paganism is an umbrella term. It is totally, 100% okay for you to do what you feel is right for YOU. I do my own thing. I really, really do my own thing. Haha. I work with nature, the Fey and Loki (and a few others from the Norse Pantheon). I get odd looks when I say this, but I am proud to be diverse with my interests and beliefs. Wicca is not for everyone, just as Shamanism isn't, or Christianity, or anything of that sort. Sometimes, things just don't fit and it's more than okay to choose what feels best for you. When it really comes down to it, religion/faith is honestly just that... Faith! There is no 100% fact or truth that anything is official fact or information. It's all a matter of personal beliefs, which is why it's called faith. It may be right or wrong to YOU, but there wouldn't be differing religions and opinions if there was one set thing to believe and follow. (:

You are doing well honoring your personal beliefs, and that is what makes you grow stronger within your path. You are doing well, and you will start to feel better soon. Best of luck!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
azriel

Post by azriel »

I am also an Eclectic, and my path is that of a Shaman (still learning the ropes though!). I have felt that when you have a good affinity with certain aspects and you begin to carve out your own path, the journey you are experiencing will be that much more meaningful to you!

Imagine in a few years when you look back and see how far you gone and how much you have grown!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

Thank you all, Im only 6months old and really starting to see how magick works and am really haveing fun! I am really trying to be open, and things are starting to reveal themselves, Ive been working on my scorpio anger issues and some bad traits ive grown up with and am really seeing a change there as well . Im very happy now and alot more sure of myself, thanks again Silent Stream

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”