Left handed Path, eclectic..I have questions.

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Left handed Path, eclectic..I have questions.

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

June 22, my daughters birthday, my mother gave me over 20 books from Lords of the Left handed Path, Stephen Flowers, Phd , to a book about Hecate's left handed path, chaos magic, , and vampirism, to voo-doo, to Anton's satanic bible.
My mother knows I'm a witch, and I balance between both sides, in my practice and only when necessary.
My mothers quote, "so you have read all the paths, that way, I cleaned out a home and found these books. I thought, while you are studying and learning, it's best to study as much as i can and ..The phrase goes, knowledge is power."

I picked up the one that had Hecate's symbols I've seen on several dragon magic sites and forums, , and such, so, I thought.. This may help if someone needs to do me harm.
I've placed my home, the land under protection, and made arrangements around the house I moved into, with room mates, to put mirrors up, in front of windows, doors, placed blessings in the home.. Ect,ect..
However, I'm sure that I haven't built Fort Knox. So I have been upping my circle casting regimen, meditation, cleaning the energy around the home.
I am not Wiccan. Just diff perspective. I believe in protecting you and loved ones by almost any means . I don't believe in the Abrahamic god, or a divine son, however, I do believe in right and wrong, and the "hazy line" in between. Sometimes executive decisions need to be made. And not by our government here in America.

I am wondering if any here hold this same or similar path.. And can help me on which books need to be forwarded to the local library, or friends who are interested, or sell them to books a million, or if I should read? I know a bit of info on Satanic and Luciferism paths.. But should I discover more? Will it cloud my judgement?

Kinda at a loss here. My mother did not know what she gave me. She doesn't even know the there is a difference between Satanic worship and the fallen angel worship knowledgable xtains speak of in scared corners in the dark of night...
I'd appreciate it. I'm just starting on reading on Mythology Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes, by Edith Hamilton.
Always interested in Egyptian mythology, just knew my Primary Goddess wasn't Egyptain. However, I have several Deities... So, getting to know more, besides what the net can't offer, .. And it was all gifted to me.. So maybe a keep safe for my son. He's christain, but has a fascination on different pantheons. I think it's a healthy mind to search for your own truth and path.

And having friends who will offer insight I can't see, would be kind.

Thanks in advance.
BTW. my little girl is 19 now. College graduate. She needs jobs in the hair and beauty field.. Her middle names are Lisa-Nicole. To protect her .. That would be enough. .. If a candle can be lit, a mothers worry can be eased.....a bit.

Nocturnal Blessings
MOTHERofDRAGONS :shock:

May your days be beautiful, and your nights be magically enchanting.
Vesca

Re: Left handed Path, eclectic..I have questions.

Post by Vesca »

My opinion would be to read everything and decide for yourself which books are worth keeping, passing on, and selling. Everyone has different ideas of what is of value and what isn't.
morrowrd

Post by morrowrd »

I turned to witchcraft back in the 80's during a time I was trying to perform some major life changes both in my way of thinking, and my behavior patterns. My spirituality was a part of that reform, growing up in a christian home, and even some bible schooling, my motives for spiritual reform had to do with discovery that there were those whom I felt would or should have answers, were struggling with greater life issues than I was. Thus my decision to look to a different "source" and what better place to look would be in the supposed opposite direction. However, it wasn't long into this where I discovered that this wasn't opposite, just better.

To the point, books on witchcraft, once I was able to box up all the ritualistic parts that I see as nothing much different than what the christians do, I was able to learn something that actually went along with the other life goals. Changing the within, changes the without. Satanic witchcraft, at least the parts that I found helpful, added to these changes and Anton LeVey's Satanic Bible is probably the most important resource, honestly as I think about it, the only satanic resource I used in conjunction to everything else.

Theres only so many books you need to read until it clicks, and you go from there.

All those protections you speak of, while I don't employ the exact same tools, I have some of my own that do similar things. A "dominion circle" as I call it, is a circle around my property as a for instance. These circles can stand intact for years, although eventually they need to be renewed. It involves burying certain items at the N,S,E,W of your property, drawing the circle and calling on specific powers to help. I own two houses, one is about ten miles away and my son takes care of that place. Things are protected there as well as where I am, and the proof is in the action...stories in themselves but a short for instance would be comments from neighbors, amazed at massive storms that appear to spit as they approach that particular area. Another useful tool I have are what I call "watcher circles"- circles of protection that act like armor, moving with you deflecting negative attacks. "Fiery darts, tentacles, hands and arms of influence..which extend out of a watcher circle while you are walking (or even driving) - require concentration but you can move things around just by looking at them. (move as in influence, I'm not talking about levitation here).

I learned those three things not from books, but from meditation...and trial and error. I call those items "tools". And while I say they aren't in any books, I have however discovered similar tools IN books I read later on, after years of using them myself. Its very interesting to discover others finding the same thing, sometimes using the same names as I picked, from meditation.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

As someone who believes on fate the books came your way for a reason. Can't hurt to give them a read and see.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I'm reading Liber Null & Psychonaut now, I'm trusting in the powers that be that these were given to me for a reason. Thank you for all that specific advice.
I'm not a healthy person, mentally I'm on meds for psychotic behavior, and my body isn't much better with Fibromialgia, RA, and Girly issues I'd rather put past me at my freaking age.
I'm going to be practicing those similar mediation techniques, as I know how to send healing and supernatural help to those far away, and at home, I just get a bit freaked out, not knowing if what I see is real, or if my meds aren't working. (believe me, I need the meds, I'm on a good cocktail right now, and can meditate so much easier.)
I'm so glad you all mentioned quotes of lines that I use in my regular day, and to give advice out myself.
It's the universe's way of letting me know I'm on the right track, and keep on keeping on. Things will work out.
Nocturnal Hidden Blessings
MOD

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”