Witch's/Witches Dice

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Opalene

Witch's/Witches Dice

Post by Opalene »

I was perusing eBay (like I do when I'm bored) and came across some 'Witches Dice'- it was a set with a candle, 3 dice, and a sheet I assume telling what the symbols meant. I looked all over the net and I cannot find anything regarding witches dice with symbols on them though I have found numerous mention of divining with dice- regular 6-sided, 1-6 dice. It appears these are different things so I'd like to know if anyone has used either or has any info to offer. Thanks!
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Witch's/Witches Dice

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I've never seen these before, but I'd like to venture a guess as to what they do. Judging by the pictures I've seen, most of the symbols in the dice look like runes, such as these: :ingrune: :serpentrune: :estaterune: :joyrune:
I think that maybe they're sort of a rune shortcut. Some rune sets, such as the Elder Futhark, come with roughly 24 runes. Imagine how much easier it would be to roll a couple dice compared to casting 24 runes.
Opalene

Re: Witch's/Witches Dice

Post by Opalene »

The ones I saw used numbers 1-6 as on regular gaming dice.

Return to “General Divination”