First spirit contact with plant spirits

loona wynd
Banned Member

First spirit contact with plant spirits

Post by loona wynd »

I think I have had my first contact with the spirit of a plant. I've never really had any luck with plant spirits before. So I'm not sure if they really contacted me or not. I just sort of knew I had to do something with the plant that spoke to me and today I went out and did what they asked me to do in the dream. I felt as if they were saying "yes. You got it. We are here to work with you. To teach you"

So here is the full story and full experience from the dream to the actions this afternoon. I'm not quite sure what the next step is going to be but I'm confident that if it is the spirit talking to me, that they will have more to say and will continue to lead me as I grow as an herbal magic worker and a root worker.

It started two days ago in a nap. I was in the field stuffing my pockets and my containers full of the dandelion seed heads. Now my back yard was full of them. Yet I only saw myself taking the fullest and largest heads of seeds in the dream. It seemed that it wanted the smaller ones to stay and be used naturally-to plant and grow more dandelions obviously. When I woke up it felt as if I had been there gathering the plants. Like it was already done. I looked at my yard and they were still there so I was a bit confused.

A day later I realized that it was the plant spirit that was talking to me and saying "gather us, Use us. We want to work with you." So I kept saying I was going to gather the seed heads. I just never remembered to go outside and get it done. That actually changed today. Today my lawn is getting taken care of (finally) and it was my last chance to gather those beautifully full seed heads.

So today I actually did my first wild gathering as it were for materials. I have been looking at the back yard and saw a field of dandelions and lots of potential. Now most of them have turned to seed heads. So I spent a half an hour this afternoon gathering up the seed heads. Many of them were so perfectly full it was actually strange considering how powerful the winds are here (I'm near the ocean and water so winds are strong) and that the wind was blowing this day. It almost seemed as if they had been waiting for me.

I knew i was meant to gather those seed heads. I had a dream a day or two ago where I saw myself picking them and filling containers will the seeds. I when I woke up had an inspiration for a product to try and create that sent me back to my childhood. I figured that the spirit of those plants was visiting me in my dream saying "yes we want to work with you. Yes you can take us".

So as I picked the heads I said thank you to the spirit of dandelions as well as to each plant. I picked them mindfully feeling the magical potential in them and the spirit force that resides in them. I feel like the dandelion spirit is the first plant spirit to actually speak to me in some form. This is a big step for me. The plants seemed to be popping up and saying "me next me next". They wanted to be my partners.

As I picked them I was also inspired to do a small magical work-the one that we all did as children. I picked the head and made a wish blowing the seeds into the wind. I actually did this twice. We have a few things we are dealing with so the wish magic seemed appropriate at the time, and the wind was blowing so I knew it would work.

After I filled my bag I looked back over the field and I knew that there were enough seeds that more would grow back. So I didn't harvest all of them. I wanted to leave some so that they could do what they do naturally and spread and return later on when they have found the ground. I'm not sure how much I got in terms of weight, but in terms of practice I'm happy. Its a learning experience.

I already work with the leaves. I use them in several tinctures and incenses. Now I am going to be working with the seeds. Soon I'll learn to work with the root and the stalk and maybe even the plant head itself. I figured that starting with the seed heads as directed by my dream and intuition would be the best bet.

Thoughts?

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”