Herb Scrying

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
BelliaArian

Herb Scrying

Post by BelliaArian »

Herb Scrying:
Use clear water and sprinkle dried herbs on the surface. This gives you tangible external focus from which you can derive images. It is also a good transitory stage if you find pure water scrying unproductive.

Fill a deep clear glass bowl slowly from a jug of water until it is just over half-full.

While the water is still moving, drop on to the surface a handful of dried culinary herbs, such herbes de Provence, rosemary, basil or parsley that have reasonably large separate leaves.

These will swirl round, giving an image or maybe several and if you add a few more herbs at a time you can keep the herbs swirling and new images forming.

Use a tape-recorder as you and/or the questioner will be calling out many changing forms.

The key is to keep swirling the water and making new images until you have seven or eight, or even more.

Some people read the herb pictures, others the spaces between the herbs.

Write down/say what each picture means to you (and the person you are working with) and then see how together the images add up to an answer to your question.

Tip the divination water away either into soil or running water (a tap and sink will do) so that the energies will continue to flow.

I put this one in my BOS
YanaKhan

Re: Herb Scrying

Post by YanaKhan »

That sounds like tea leaves divination or coffee divination. Very interesting, thank you for sharing. Just reminded me I started learning coffee divination and then just quit for some reason. Have to start again and your way sounds very interesting.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

This is neat, thanks.

Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

I like this a lot, thanks for posting :D

Return to “General Divination”