NEW YEARS

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
QuestionableEnergy

NEW YEARS

Post by QuestionableEnergy »

Is there anything I can do to bring in the New Year. I am still a beginner however wanted to do something special. Any suggestions?
p3nathan

Re: NEW YEARS

Post by p3nathan »

I'm lighting candles; tea lights. One candle for each person I love and who loves me. I'm switching the lights off and just taking in how much light those little flames are giving me. And I'll keep that light with me through to 2014.
QuestionableEnergy

p3nathan that is sweet. Sounds like a good idea.. I thought of doing a cleansing and then a smuging..but the candle idea is great to add on!
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

There will be a new moon on new years too.

Both symbolize letting go of stuck energy and welcoming in new beginnings. I would do something around that.

Maybe putting down on paper things you want to get rid of this year, and then burning them.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I think the beginning of the year is the perfect time to start new things or renew the old. ::coolglasses:: I'm going to perform a rededication ceremony to reaffirm my love for and dedication to the Lord and Lady. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I didn't have the energy to do anything ...
I sleep through midnight :( although I did hear the neighbors setting off bombs at 12 :shock: I said whoo hoo! and went back to sleep.
Maybe I'll do something today, go down to the creek and release anything that clings from last year to go downstream, then weave a hoop of the New Years intent with the willow that grows there.
Happy New Year to you ALL!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

We did a little new moon/new year spell to Selene to focus on letting go of something, and bringing some new and positive into our lives in the new year.

I wanted to work for her, because Im feeling drawn to her and thought it was a good way to make an introduction.
QuestionableEnergy

Well I didn't get anything accomplished..I fainted and had a seizure so was in ER for most of the night and day...That was my New Years! I was bummed out because I was home alone and it was the perfect time! UGH! Oh well there is always :roll: next year! :)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

QuestionableEnergy wrote:Well I didn't get anything accomplished..I fainted and had a seizure so was in ER for most of the night and day...That was my New Years! I was bummed out because I was home alone and it was the perfect time! UGH! Oh well there is always :roll: next year! :)
Oh no thats awful. Are you okay?
syngerin

Post by syngerin »

Oh my, I am really sorry to hear you had a seizure!

As for New Year's spells, I always do a cleaning and get rid of at least one thing, either old or heavy with more or less painful memories (it can also besomthing that just doesn't give me joy anymore, it should just be something that doesn't have positive energy anymore). I don't do anything to bring new things in because I really like the feeling of having more space in your home&life, but I loved p3nathan's idea of burning candles. If you read Tarot, you could also create a mandala to visualize what you would love to see/have/be in the new year.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”