Meditation experience

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Aceso

Meditation experience

Post by Aceso »

I was meditating on the way home on the train and I was in the forest being lead by a man smiling at me. He lead me to a glowing lake. Then I came out of it. What does it mean please? :?
__Oracle__

Re: Meditation experience

Post by __Oracle__ »

The man may have been Cernunnos he is the god of the forest. And the lake may be a symbol for knowledge. Sounds like you have positive things heading your way :-)
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

To the oracle, thanks for the insight. I will read on Cernunnos.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

New experience in meditation. I was lead to the lake by a lion. White lion. I asked the god who was with me, Who I am starting to believe is Cernunnos; can I put my hand in the water? I get a nod. My right arm started to tingle and hurt when I put it in the water. A white Koi fish swam up. It was big. Then the god picked up the water and poured it over my head. It turned into flowers. I forgot to mention a big butterfly kept flying in front of me.
I asked a couple people and the said it seems That I am being blessed. I hope so. It was a beautiful meditative session. :D
__Oracle__

Post by __Oracle__ »

Aceso wrote:New experience in meditation. I was lead to the lake by a lion. White lion. I asked the god who was with me, Who I am starting to believe is Cernunnos; can I put my hand in the water? I get a nod. My right arm started to tingle and hurt when I put it in the water. A white Koi fish swam up. It was big. Then the god picked up the water and poured it over my head. It turned into flowers. I forgot to mention a big butterfly kept flying in front of me.
I asked a couple people and the said it seems That I am being blessed. I hope so. It was a beautiful meditative session. :D
That sounds like a very pleasant experience :-) . Do you remember what the God looked like? It does sound very much like you are being blessed !
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

To Oracle I know it is male. I feel a male presence. When I try to look at his face it's like it's hidden behind a light. He is pleased though.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Lately I have been blocked with my meditations. I feel as if I'm pushing a barrier. I took a break for a while.
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Have heard that koi as in the fish may indicate balance. When lion's energy comes forward it reminds me of having courage or being courageous but try listening as you never know what messages may come through when its quiet and peaceful and positive. White would link in perhaps with your path as white is a blessed colour ;) But your interpretation is important too as its more a case of trusting your first thoughts as that would be your intuition murmuring to you! Enjoy!
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I really need to meditate. I feel so scattered. To much is happening and I am trying to quite my mind, but it difficult.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya Acesco,

I'm going to give you some tips to quite your mind. Hope you'll find this helpful.

Deep Breathing

Almost all esoteric Eastern teachings mention the importance of deep breathing to control one's mind.

I have some breathing exercises here in my BOS that have very detailed instructions on the proper manner of breathing but the trouble is, they are not mine :) (just copied it from a friend who is a Yoga teacher) so I'm afraid I cant post it here due to copyright policies. But if you really want, I'll send it to you via PM or e-mail.

Remember that constant, purposeful practice in breathing techniques is another essential condition in stilling your mind. I know it is not something one acquires over night. As one practices daily, one will gain better control of his/her mind and therefore greater confidence.

Pratyahara

After you've done doing some breathing exercises, you may now proceed to achieve pratyahara.

First, sit still in the most comfortable position, close your eyes and just watch your mind think what it wants to think without judging, choosing, evaluating, or reasoning. Let all thoughts, images, problems, issues, memories, reflections and ideas pass through the mind screen and you are just a disinterested audience. Don't fight or resist any thought, whether it's negative or positive. Just stay calm and watch the parade of thoughts before you.

As you continue this practice, you'll find your mind becoming calmer, the thoughts becoming fewer and fewer, until at last, the mind will be under perfect control. This might not happen in a day or two. It takes a great deal of practice to achieve control of the mind, which is more difficult than control of the muscles.

Dharana

After Pratyahara comes Dharana, or concentration, the fixing of the mind on certain points. This isn't yet meditation proper but still a continuation exercise in controlling and stilling the mind. You'll find that after watching your mind calmly for several days or weeks, you'll be in a position to catch one passing idea and to concentrate on it. One recommended practice is to try feeling only, like your hand to the exclusion of the other parts of your body. Another is to concentrate all your thoughts on tip of your nose and let the mind stay there.

After some practice, you'll soon experience some nay wonderful things like peal of bells ringing. Sometimes things will be seen, little orbs or rays of light floating and becoming bigger and bigger.

Please practice these techniques if you have some time and let us know how it works. :mrgreen:
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Thank you for the information. I would like you to PM the exercises for me.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

PM sent already!
Seraphin

shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Aceso: Those experiences you had sounds so beautiful. I always thought meditation meant a blank mind. Some people get visions like yours? :D

Hi Seraphin, do you mind sending me the deep breathing techniques too? I've been trying to learn how to meditate recently. I think I'm too conscious of my surrounding so that probably explains why my breathing gets erratic.
ehstemai

Post by ehstemai »

What I find most interesting is the water being poured over your head and the butterfly. The butterfly is a symbol of transformation, and water used like that is almost like a baptism of sorts. It's a rebirth. Now it's also interesting to me that when you put your hand in the water it began to tingle and hurt. That makes me think that there's something holding you back. Given the context, I'd wonder if it's not an issue with you holding yourself back. Wondering if you fear emotion or emotional intensity?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

shatteredsouls wrote:Aceso: Those experiences you had sounds so beautiful. I always thought meditation meant a blank mind. Some people get visions like yours? :D

Hi Seraphin, do you mind sending me the deep breathing techniques too? I've been trying to learn how to meditate recently. I think I'm too conscious of my surrounding so that probably explains why my breathing gets erratic.
No problem shatteredsouls. I'm going to send them to you.
Seraphin

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”