using fire to predict the future

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Lovingvixen

using fire to predict the future

Post by Lovingvixen »

There's this thing I can do...I don't know if anyone else can do it, or if it even has a name.
If I talk to a flame (preferably the flame of a candle in a secluded area with no wind), I can ask it to tell me the future. The flame then lays out the story of the answer in the movements, width, and thickness of itself. (Which is why it's necessary to have little to no wind.) I've only asked it questions about people and what path they are taking, so when it gives me an answer I believe it is showing me the path of someone's soul and it's up to me to interpret it.

Just on a side but related note: I have pretty good relationships with all the elements (well, the basic 5, at least. Whether or not there are more or less is a different story.), but I think I might only be able to do this with fire; I'm not sure.

What I would like to know is:
Has anyone else ever done this before?
Is there a name for it?
Is someone else willing to try it to see if it works for them, too?
Love.
raynelae

Re: using fire to predict the future

Post by raynelae »

Fire has long been used as divination. Using fire for divination is usually called fire scrying. I'm definately open to trying it :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Raynelae is right; it is called fire scrying,
I love doing this for fire centric rituals like yule. I love making it a family thing by setting out a large fire in the garden and sitting around it with family or friends, (for instance yule eve) and ask the fire to show us what the new year will bring. People will sometimes call out certain things they see, symbols or otherwise and as a group we try to decipher what it all means, can be great fun :D
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Lovingvixen

Post by Lovingvixen »

Ok :) Thank you both! I'm glad I'm not the only who can do stuff like this. lol I'd heard of scrying before, but I never really knew what it meant. I still don't have a clear idea of it, but it's summer so I have time to do some reading. :)
Love.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Lovingvixen, that thing you do is also known as "pyromancy." Ha, it seems one could turn almost anything into a "--mancy" of some sort. Here is a list of some other types of "mancies".... http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p176609

Lovingvixen

Post by Lovingvixen »

This is all informative & interesting. Thanks :)
Love.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”