Tea Leaves Anyone?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
connor)O(

Tea Leaves Anyone?

Post by connor)O( »

Hey, me here, I'm just recording my first tea leaf session. I cut a teabag and used the ground up leaves in a cup that had no "inside decoration" I didn't drink it because it was terrible, I instead poured most of it down the drain and left a tiny bit at the bottom. I swilled it a few times and quickly placed it down on a plate.

The symbols were:
A ship
A shoe
And a lightning bolt / uneven line.

If anyone here can interpret for me I already have done but I think it would be nice to start a conversation on the subect. :)
Blessings
Connor )O(
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
than you can understand.
connor)O(

Re: Tea Leaves Anyone?

Post by connor)O( »

Subject, even. :lol:
than you can understand.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

thats interesting. I dont know much about tea leave interpretations but i am familiar with the greek form of divination using the grounds from greek coffee and drips on the cup and color intensity have a big play in the meanings of things as well as the symbols there in.

My first instinct on the shapes you had told me are just a thought i wouldnt really put much faith in them but here we go

The ship to me depending upon the size would suggest a journey obviously the bigger the ship the larger the journey and I think the shoe reiterates that also.

The slash i am not so sure about but the lightning bolt to me would suggest divine influence

again i'm not a tea leaf reader these are just thoughts
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

Thanks Symandinome, the ship to me (it was huge bottom of cup to the ridge at the top) well personally, my interpretation would be that the smaller the ship was the further away the journey would be (you know, like seeing a ship in reality) the boot, definitely signified journey, if not preparation for that journey. The lightning boat now you mention it could be divine influence but I also see it as a bad omen because ships like that (16th century) have a habit of being struck by lightning. Hmm, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this. Thanks and Blessed Be! )O(
than you can understand.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

i liked what you said about the ship if its smaller the further the journey that totally makes sense to me good job
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

Why thank you :D
than you can understand.
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

pro much haha? i read my own and alls i got was a tree and the letter Y, i only asked what would become ofm y love life. everything keeps seeming to tell me about me going on a divine journey. wish it would happen faster haha xD but my spirit guide who im told is an old Mayan woman and a small child (a girl) who are all telling me be patient. i beleive my power animal is something reptillian which is a sine of dreaming or divine, so yeah whats the Y letter mean o.o and the treee i would see obviously as a sign of spiritual growth.
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

The letter "Y" could mean Yggdrasil the world tree. Google it and see what you pull up. :D
than you can understand.
flowersofthelady

Post by flowersofthelady »

I have been dabbling in tea leaves since yule and have been reading anyone one who dares come round for a cuppa! I would love to chat to someone about readings as all i have found online is very limited.

My interpretations of the readings you have discussed are....

all i got was a tree and the letter Y,

I would see the tree as a symbol of life and growth but not necessarily of a spiritual nature. it could mean that you will find a person who you will grow with and progress through life together.
the Y i would probably take more literally and perhaps the letter Y will be in their name or in the name of the place where you meet. the position of the symbols would determine when you will meet this person as well as any surrounding tea leaves...well the whole cup really..was there a scattered trail of leaves leading towards these symbols? or a definite line?
The symbols were:
A ship
A shoe
And a lightning bolt / uneven line.
With the ship and the shoe i would definitely agree about the journey. I think the placement and size of the boat means that all other events signalled in the cup lead up to this. the lightening bolt suggests to me that it will be a sudden definite and powerful journey/decision to go on the journey. by powerful i mean your not going to be popping into town, it will be a life event!!

well i really enjoyed that LOL thanks! let me know what you think and if there are any more readings i can discuss i'd be so happy!! might have one or two myself i could do with some help on if your willing :D
flowersofthelady

oops, apologies for the spellings :/ im tired haha!
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

maybe the Y represents a fork in the road???? maybe its telling you soon you will have a choice to make go one way or another and as far as i know you cant tell the cup of tea what you want to know it just tell you on its own what it wants you to know
flowersofthelady

oh yeah i like that fork in the road idea!! nice one symandinome!
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Just so you all know, I could be wrong, but from seeing someone else read i'm pretty sure a lightning bolt signifies a death in the family or extreme danger ahead.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

i dont think that there is just one meaning to any symbol. This is why its impossible to read tarot cards correctly by using the book that comes with them. Symbols are meant as a means to stimulate something within ourselves that unlocks the answer for us. They can be the same every time but that is not always true. seeing a ship could just as easily mean a new endeavor as it could a vacation on a cruise ship and a lightning bolt could mean death or change as much as it could mean a storm is coming. We have to look at symbolism and "feel" for its meaning we cant always take things at face value.

Return to “General Divination”