REVIEW: Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft (free copy)

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

REVIEW: Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft (free copy)

Post by Starwitch »

Hey Guys,

Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland is an excellent book to have in any pagan library.
Raymond Buckland is a trusted source of information for the pagan community and his experience dates back to the dawn of Wicca as a Neo-Pagan Religion, He was initiated by the High Priestess of Gerald Gardner; the man called the father of modern witchcraft.

I have enclosed a link to the free download of this book in pdf format. To access it simply click on the image of the book below and it will take you to the page. Just scroll down a bit and you will see the button that says download now or something of that nature. It has been scanned and there is no virus threat.

This book is designed like a teaching manual that will guide you through the first steps of your training. It has tests included and provides the answers to the tests in the apendices. It is written in an easy way to understand things and simplifies things that you may be having trouble understanding as well as providing illustrations.

The Subject Matter of the Book

History and Philosophy of WItchcraft, Beliefs, Tools Clothes and Names, Rites of Passage, Covens and Rituals, Sabbats, Meditation and Dreams, Channeling, Divination, Herbalism, Magick, Many Different Sacred Alphabets, and Solitary Practice

[url=http:// www. 4shared.com/ document/H6F13m_l/Raymond_Bucklands_-_Complete_B.html]
http:// dc335.4. shared.com/ img/H6F13m_l/Raymond_Bucklands_-_Complete_B.pdf.

EDIT BY FF, this is a different pdf, the one Starwitch had posted was no longer working;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... aNN-t9w-wN
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replacing 404 not found pdf with new pdf
AutumnMaidens

Re: A Free Must Have Book for New Pagans

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I would suggest this to anyone, I have given this book a perminant spot on my alter table.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

A very good guide. I remember when my brother gave me my copy (5 years ago) I stayed up all night reading.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I really love this book. It gives such a good accounting on the real practice of paganims and modern witchcraft. It teaches you everything there is for you to know and to master in your first year of training.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Since you opened this topic, I would like to say that indeed Raymond Buckland's books are awesome, also I would like to suggest Judika Ille's Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Encyclopedia of 5000 spells, those books are awesome....thanks for sharing the link for this ebook :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
wiccachic

Post by wiccachic »

Thank you so much! I am excited to check it out. :)
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

This is so awesome! I went to Barnes and Noble on Monday and had my eye on this book. Unfortunately, my wallet didn't agree with me. Now I can read it and still perhaps buy a copy. I would also suggest Silver Ravenwolf's books. I have her Solitary Witch book and I use it all the time. Thank you!
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
tilarium

Post by tilarium »

Yup, that was the first book I read when I was first getting interested. Still have it and refer to it alot. Next time I'm out I'll look for Silver Ravenwolf's book for the solitary witch. Seems like most of the books I've found and read are all centered around covens.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

I think Silver Ravenwolf's book is a very good and informative book. For an eclectic solitary like myself, especially a beginner, her book seems great.
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

Oh, people who don't understand other religions just bug me. Five years ago, when it was all over the news about people protesting about Wiccan symbols in the Capitol around Time, my grandma (who is a very vocal, loud and opinionated woman) was yelling at the t.v. about how Witches shouldn't be allowed to do things like that. Other than my husband, no one in the family knows the path I travel. My husband put his hand on my ARM and shook his head when I opened my mouth to say something to Grandma, he knew it wouldn't turn out well. We don't fuss about other religions or push ours, why do they need to fuss about ours? Who are we hurting? What is there to be afraid of?
Lady Morgaine

ravenhecateana

Post by ravenhecateana »

It is a good thing that this is now available and accessible for anyone, no matter their financial situation. Thank you for posting it.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

Their religions aren't all that great, either. Look what they have done, all in the name of God..... murdered innocent people.
Lady Morgaine

Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

in all fairness pagans murdered christians in Rome before the rise of christianity i guess were even
Brujita13

Post by Brujita13 »

This is a bit of a non-sequitur (sp?), but I was unable to download the book. Maybe there's something wrong with the link. Maybe someone can correct that.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

You need to click the picture of the book, which will take you to a page where you need to follow the directions and click the blue button that says "DOWNLOAD NOW NO VIRUS DETECTED" which will take you to another page that will say:

Thank you for downloading
Raymond_Bucklands_-_Complete_Book_Of_Witchcraft.pdf (4,262 KB)

Underneath that you will see that it is counting down. This is queing you in place to download. When the counting is finished it will give you a link to click for the actual download to begin.

Be careful on those types of download sites. They usually run ads that say "Click here to start your download". It's confusing. Make sure you're clicking the link for the book and not just a tricky advertisement.

Return to “Book Reviews”