Tips to interpreting your own dreams

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
moonlit

Tips to interpreting your own dreams

Post by moonlit »

Interpreting Your Own Dreams

Now that you have written your dream down on paper, it is time to disassemble it.

1. Identify the characters in your dreams. Ask yourself who these people are and what qualities they represent for you. Many times the people in your dreams represent aspects of your own self. Seeing your mother in your dream, may represent your own maternal characteristics. It may also mean that particular qualities that you see in your mother, you see in yourself as well.

2. Ask yourself why you are having this dream at this particular time. Draw from your real life events and situation that is occurring at about this same time.

3. Consider the puns that appear in your dreams. The subconscious mind likes to make use of humor, metaphors, and slang in making its meaning known. For example, when you see a plane in your dream it could mean that you are feeling plain. Or if you dream that you are making dinner reservations, it could mean that you are reserved or hesitant about.

4. Circle or highlight any words you believe to be symbolic. Ask yourself, what does this word mean to you. Consult our dream dictionary to further guide you into your interpretation. Sometimes looking up its symbolism will help make the dream more clearer and stimulate your own thinking about the symbol.
**Nothing is set in stone**
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Great post moonlit :D

I would just like to add that you should take into account the emotions you feel in your dream as well.

hedge
Orion

Post by Orion »

Nice work, moonlit! I've done some of that in looking at mine, but didn't think about looking at puns or what other aspects people had in my dreams.
And hedge has a good poitn with emotions as well (one of the things I write in the margins lol).
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
CheshireKitty

Post by CheshireKitty »

seriously the best thing to think about when interpeting dreams is that it changes with each person. Although i do like the "dream dictionaries" One thing can mean something completly different to someone else.
Also dont take things at face value. if you kiss someone in a dream it doesnt mean your in love with them you know?
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

I wish I could credit it to my brilliant mind... but I cant lol. I got it off dreammoods.com but I thought it was handy do here it is
**Nothing is set in stone**

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”