Not sure which is my element...

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
nature_in_control

Not sure which is my element...

Post by nature_in_control »

Hi Everybody!

I was just wondering if anyone could explain the following,

I have been told that my element is earth, though I feel much more drawn to fire. for the past few days, I have been sitting around flicking my lighter on and off, and watching the flame dance around, and it feels as though I am connected to it in some way. I also love walking around in stormy weather, and I adore thunder and lightning, as I always feel recharged and full of life.

Can anyone help me figure out which of the three is my element, Fire, earth or water?

Blessed be,

nature_in_control
~*nature_in_control*~

"I am not here to bring light to a world of darkness, but rather choose to represent darkness in a world blinded by light~"
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

You've asked a question only you can answer. For earth, I'm assuming that is your zodiac sign. I am supposed to be fire according to mine, but I absolutely feel water is my element. With storms, I think most people feel that way, as rain is the earth cleansing herself. And remember lightning is just another form of fire. I don't think anyone can tell you your element, it's something you find within yourself.
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

nature my element is fire if you wish to speak to me about it you may
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

you shall find this, like you shall find your own path.
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

For anyone confused about their element.....here is a simple meditation technique you can use to find which element you are....

Many people think that their zodiac sign tells them what element they are, but this is NOT the case. It is based on which one you feel mostly connected to....

Sit or lie in your meditation position.

1) Visualize all the elements in front of you, as if your seeing them all as a person.

2) Focus all your concentration on each element, for example if your concentrating on Earth, visualize grass or trees, flowers, or vegetables.

3) Now, in your mind, concentrate on the energy flow of each said element.

4) The key, is feeling the element. If you feel the element, (not literally ''feel'' it, but spiritually feel it) then you'll know it is your element.

You can also do this by just focusing on 2 elements at a time..
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

Seaspirit wrote:For anyone confused about their element.....here is a simple meditation technique you can use to find which element you are....

Many people think that their zodiac sign tells them what element they are, but this is NOT the case. It is based on which one you feel mostly connected to....

Sit or lie in your meditation position.

1) Visualize all the elements in front of you, as if your seeing them all as a person.

2) Focus all your concentration on each element, for example if your concentrating on Earth, visualize grass or trees, flowers, or vegetables.

3) Now, in your mind, concentrate on the energy flow of each said element.

4) The key, is feeling the element. If you feel the element, (not literally ''feel'' it, but spiritually feel it) then you'll know it is your element.

You can also do this by just focusing on 2 elements at a time..
nicely said.
SingingCanyon

Re: Not sure which is my element...

Post by SingingCanyon »

I've heard about this a lot and am in the same boat as you. I am technically an Air element, but I have always been more connected to Water.
I think that no one can really tell you what you are, its just something inside of you. To me what element you are depends on your Personality. Since this can change with life then your element, in my opinion, is always changing. Here is what I think of for each element.

Air: Very happy and care-free. An optimist, if you will.
Water: Calm and collected on the outside, but full of raw emotions.
Fire: A very intense personality. Someone who feels all emotions intensely, not just anger like many people think. A very passionate person.
Earth: A very sturdy person. One who controls their emotions and is not easily swayed to others opinions.

This is just my idea though, I dunno if there is a right or wrong answer though.
I am the voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am the voice of the future,
Bring me your peace,
Bring me your peace and my wounds,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
1angie

Post by 1angie »

i think my element is earth?im very new to the craft..just starting out..i have a small wooded area i walk around in..it makes me happy being in there and my heart races when im there.my niece feels energy.she said thats whats happening to me..im feeling energy in there?i have no god or goddess i call..is that normal?im interested in candle magic though.any advice for a beginner please?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It sounds like you might be tied to both earth and fire. The woods energize you, and you're interested in candle magic. I feel drawn to fire and to cats. Maybe the cats are a tie to earth for me? I hadn't really thought about that until now. With candle magic, I use white for bringing and black for banishing. For other things, I use whatever color feels appropriate. You may never feel called by a specific deity, or it may be that your deity has just not been revealed to you yet. It can be overwhelming at first, since the craft isn't always socially acceptable. I believe the craft chooses us, more than the other way around. Welcome to the "state of confusion."

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”