an old world versus a new world

Talk about anything you want to here.
Kassandra

an old world versus a new world

Post by Kassandra »

Just a rant:

I don't think I'll ever live to see the day, but I hope one day public education systems will regularly incorporate "energy information" like that presented in the Psychic Kids show into their regular curricula. I hope learning about it won't be solely relegated as it is now to media such as metaphysical message boards like this one, cable programs "starring" psychics, expensive "schools" like the Omega Institute that no one can afford to attend, neither to books, hushed witchcraft covens, and the like. Knowledge and use of your psychic abilities are your birthright, your power, your entitlement, your endowment as a human/spirit being. I think one day it will be taught publically and regularly, as well it should be.

I believe the reason kids are running around like they are in the Psychic Kids show, "scared of ghosts," freaked out, not getting any sleep, ostracized by others, low self-esteem, etc. is due to one word: ignorance. We have failed them. They are victims of societal systems which are not set up to appreciate and advance their innate psychic abilities. Instead they're taught that they are "odd," or in some cases "evil" for having these abilities, when instead they should be educated about them, and encouraged to use them.

The spirit realm and so-called "psychic abilities" are part of daily life, available to everyone, at all times. Societies like those of the Native Americans, or those of ancient India, or of the Celtic peoples across Europe, and so forth, used to explain these things to children, teaching them through talk-stories, rites of passages, vision quests, and by simply incorporating an understanding of Spirit into mundane activities of daily life in the smallest of ways. Children were encouraged to examine the meanings of their dreams, knowing that the dream state is often used by spirit beings as a means to communicate with humans.

They used crystals and herbs, and were taught about auras and chakras ....all things which are now labeled "New Age." That is a misleading label. There is nothing "new" about most things called New Age. These are all ancient practices. In fact, it does a disservice to cultures from which New Age practices were originally derived.

To me it seems we've arrived at this state of ignorance in societies around the world through the power and greed of religions and governments, two enamored bedfellows since ancient times. These systems have dominated the world through fear and "psychic slavery." To profit from people, you must first control them. To control people, you must make them ignorant about their own power, distanced from a realistic view of themselves and their environment. You tell them anything positive about them is "of the devil," and so forth. Then people will have a childlike reliance upon these very same power structures for livelihood. And there you have them.

We can look to the Catholic Church as an example of an institution having successfully implemented this blueprint for "success," this "fear and ignorance" tactic, around the world for almost two thousand years; Protestant churches have only echoed the sentiment with no difference in their "hell fire and damnation" approaches. Governments have supported the methods of both, themselves spawning "educational systems" which fail to truly educate, because they too are based on fear and ignorance.

Enter ....today's "psychic kid," born smack-dab in the middle of all this. You then have a sad state of affairs, that to me does not bode well.

It seems logical to me that first the antiquated power systems that be must fall, which seems to be beginning to happen now. This "recession," this war on terrorism ....I don't think we've seen the half of it all. I think it will eventually be a long, ugly war of much larger ideologies, and a complete restructuring of world societies. I doubt I will live to see the end of it, not in this incarnation at least (but then again, I really didn't think I'd ever live to see America elect a black president, so what do I know?). In any event, I hope that those whom we now call Indigos, Rainbow Warriors, Crystal children, and the like, win that war, and become "the norm." People of ignorance and fear most likely will become --indeed already are in my estimation as I write this, "the past."

OK, I'm done. Thanks for listening.

Xal

Post by Xal »

I think the time is closer than you expect ;)
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

I hope so... Does anyone have any idea how amazing the world will be when that comes? Think about it: Energy heakers will profit more than pharmaceutical companies, war will become obsolete, and human interaction will be honest (for once)! I can't wait!
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I plan to start schools like this... if not public then very affordable.

If you are interested in teaching in or otherwise helping to found these schools then please contact me.

fulltimeheros[AT]gmail.com

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”