Astral Projection

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
CrystalDreamer59

Astral Projection

Post by CrystalDreamer59 »

I was wondering if someone could help teach me how to astral project
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Hmm, well. There arent many steps, but it takes time to acheive.
Well, fist things first, you have to get into deep consiousness, meaning letting your body go to sleep and you mind awake.
Now, it takes time to get here, i think someone on here posted, the best way to get to this stage is to focus on some stationary object. When you eyese get heavy they will close, but you will still be able to see the image in your head(:
When you get to this stage, you are officially done with step one.
The next step is to get your astral body, out of your human one. Best way is to lift up your hand(when your body is asleep), and reach out and touch something that is near you.
When that is done, you are officially able to get your astral body out.
Place your hand back, and try to shake out your feet, hands and even your body.
I use the roll out technique, when i just roll out of my body and stare at my self.
Hope this helps some.

Blessed Be,
ViruzWicca

Post by ViruzWicca »

I do not know if there is a rule against Teacher and Student seek on this forum, although it is a real pain to find someone who can actually teach you "HOW TO" have astral projection, since it is something you build for yourself.

if you find a mentor, he can give you exactly, or maybe a bit more personaly what resides in books in local libraries or even internet and maybe yet help you with your breathing and focus control, or just to let go.

but really, books are good too!
drummerbob

forgive me im new

Post by drummerbob »

ok so what is the point of astral projection, once out of the body whats next?
Xal

Re: forgive me im new

Post by Xal »

drummerbob wrote:ok so what is the point of astral projection, once out of the body whats next?
Well you can project and float around this dimension, and explore/fly anywhere you want. Deep ocean, moon, other planets, etc.

Or once you project you can shift to the astral plane where you can basically do and create whatever you want instantly for fun or to continue a path towards spiritual enlightenment.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Thank you for the great information here Ginger Faith! I have astraled out in dreams before and I have to say it was the oddest feeling but I felt the most free I had felt in a long time. I am hoping to develop this art as part of my continued practice. Again, thank you. I do have a question though, can you ever get "lost" when you astral project?
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

reikihealer83 wrote: I do have a question though, can you ever get "lost" when you astral project?
No you cannot. They say you are connected to your physical body by an invisible cord that can never really be cut. So if you happen to get lost or need to return to your body for whatever reason then you are intently thrown back in.

My experience of astral projecting has only been in the sleep state, but it is nice as you can go anywhere and do anything your imagination wants to.
In this way astral projecting can be confused with regular dreaming, but who really is to say this isn't the same thing? ;)

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
icebunny

Astral Projection for beginners

Post by icebunny »

This is something that people ask me about all the time because for some reason they can smell my ability to do it. My strongest advice is to be careful and take it slow - I ended up on the roof of my house when I was seven.

I don't believe that this forum is for specific instructions or spells to be posted, but I would like to refer you to:

http://dapc.wordpress.com/astral-projection/

it's a visualization using chakra meditation. It's not the best I could find, but the best on short notice. I have a complete spell that I used with my Wicca teacher at the time. If you really want it, I'll be happy to send it to you.
SOLBREAKS

Post by SOLBREAKS »

Astral projection is something that is very difficult to do. you cant move any part of your body not even your tongue. the slightest twitch will severly disrupt your progress. Its all about breathing and trance work.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

SOLBREAKS wrote:Astral projection is something that is very difficult to do. you cant move any part of your body not even your tongue. the slightest twitch will severly disrupt your progress. Its all about breathing and trance work.
And cconcentration
Xal

Post by Xal »

SOLBREAKS wrote:Astral projection is something that is very difficult to do. you cant move any part of your body not even your tongue. the slightest twitch will severly disrupt your progress. Its all about breathing and trance work.
While stillness is important, this is not 100% true. Though it can lead to problems because if we tell ourselves this is true, then we make it true, and make it much harder to project.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

Yeah, you can venture to other worlds. There's little difference btw dreaming and astral projecting. The only difference is--that you are aware of it. Dreaming is when you mind is autopilot. Everything then becomes a surprise. Yes, when you project, you are in control; Creating your own paradise, seeing other paradigms, entities and such.
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

I've mostly heard of speaking to gods, goddesses and dead realatives while astral traveling. Is that true? I want to speak with my goddess Bast. =)
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

Yes. That is true.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

i learned to ap and meditate form a rapper who suggested to think of ones self in a crowed room full of conflicting colours and beats so much so it hurts you to stay there. but you see a coloured door( any colour that suits you mine is a powder blue) you go through the door and enter a room drenched in said colour. EVERYTHING is the same colour, the bed the windows, the floor the music comming from the radio, making the things in the room impossible to seperate. You have to feel the energy they are letting off to know they are there. Then once you are attuned to this room of your choosing, Go anywhere you want and thus A.P ing.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”