I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Astraea Luna Avani

I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Post by Astraea Luna Avani »

I am neither a skeptic or a full believer as of now, I am simply trying to understand reincarnation. Ok, after so much studying and reading something hit me.

Since we don't remember any of our past lives, we SHOULD remember the in between parts, because those parts weren't lives! Does ALL our memory get wiped out when we are born again? And it all gets magically restored again during the 'in between lives' time? I realize no one can have a 100% set answer for this, but I don't like inconsistencies in things I want to believe in, so I'm just trying to figure it out and this is really bothering me. If we don't remember the in between parts either then how can we even know that reincarnation is even true? I hope this is making sense to someone out there, I'm not too good at explaining myself sometimes!
Maybe

Post by Maybe »

Define in between ;)

What I personally believe is, that our bodies are like just storage places for the soul, which is connected to a collective 'god', life force, time, well whatever you want to call it.
In this state, memories are not important. Just the endless wheel of life, the fact that things always change and never stay the same, has a meaning.

When the soul gets 'freed' from the body, it kind of connects again with the 'god', you know, the collective mass of souls, that surround us. Your soul doesn't keep any memories, it's you brain that creates them. It's you brain that creates such stuff, BUT the sparkle of life, that's what I think a soul is, and that's what gets 'reincarnated' over and over again.

The force of life, that's what I think it is. And it's just something so magical, mystical, something that can't be explained, and since it's not personified or embodied in any way, it's just a part of something bigger, hence I don' t really think it has memories.

But I think you should just find a way that fits perfectly in your beliefs, it must be correct for you!

)O(
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi Heroine!

I look at the "In-Between" as being every bit a part of our lives as is our existence on the physical plane. Whether we are embodied on this physical plane; disembodied in the "In-Between"; or incarnated elsewhere during our time in the "In-Between"; I believe our soul-status and personalities largely remain the same. For example, if you lost an arm or a leg-or even all your arms and legs-on this physical plane would that mean you are not still "You"? Of course not. Yes, the experience would change you, but you are always in a state of change anyway!

Remember that we never learn anything in the physical sense except by experience because the mental mind we have on this plane can only reason by comparison. The subconscious mind reasons from the experiences of both the physical and soul-minds so it covers a broader and greater scope.

Now imagine having access to that subconscious ability on a purely conscious level. You would remember all your past lives and deeds. You would recall in every detail your past incarnations as Hitler or Moses; as Jeffery Dahmer or Mother Teresa; or as a historical 'nobody' who never said or did anything that was ever noteworthy to the history recorded by humans. What would that definite knowledge do to you? How would it affect you? In all probability it would wipe you out in this environment. You would be confronted with unimaginable levels of remorse or hate; ego or greed; insecurity or discouragement. You could never tell or talk to anyone about it on this planet while you were here because people who fell outside the currently accepted social norms of enlightenment or behavior (on either end of the spectrum) have historically always been killed or severely persecuted. If you had always been a 'nobody' then you would most likely go through this life believing you are a 'nobody'. And you would probably be treated accordingly by others.

So you're stuck with that knowledge and holding it in. It would be virtually impossible to grow and learn as a being under those circumstances. It would also make it infinitely harder for you to throw off or work out the issues you've had in the past. Therefore, your memory of those past lives gets left behind when you enter the physical plane. It's a kind of safety valve. What you DO retain of those past lives are things like your secondary sensory perceptions. For instance, if you are afraid of water it probably is because in some other life you either drowned or had someone dear to you die in water. Or you may have drowned someone else in water in some past life. Let's say you passionately hate Injustice. It could be because in a past life you either suffered it or caused it. In either case its still Karma and you're purpose now would not be to necessarily make amends for it but to come to terms with it. You feel what it's like to be one the other end. How you react to that experience and what you learn from it is the growth process. You can either gain or lose. It's up to you.

Do you remember everything while in the "In-Between"? I believe you do, otherwise you would have no way of knowing if you were gaining or losing ground in your personal growth. There has to be a background or projection upon and against which you gauge your progress. How is it that you can stand all that knowledge in the "In-Between" and not on the physical plane? Because on the physical plane your entity is limited to the confines of the physical body. Also, in the "In-Between", you are not limited to the socially acceptable standards set by humans on the physical plane. In that kind of limitless, non-pressurized environment you would certainly be able to 'meet yourself' (your deeds or lack thereof). We do something similar on the physical plane. It's called meditation or introspection.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. Hope it helped some! Blessings to you in your search!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
level

re

Post by level »

There are more flaws in the reincarnation believe system. But those flaws are more like forks in the overall original logic of the system itself. Forks that give us only the result that leads to reincarnation without covering the reason. Like you mentioned memory is one of the factors that contribute to this falsehood, the other element that comes to mind is the birth of new souls. If reincarnation is indeed occurring then we rob the universe of new life/souls to emerge and to evolve. It is a violation to every moral and righteous perception that we might have established. If we constantly reincarnate then there would be no new birth of souls occurring.

Personally I believe that reincarnation was created by us to cover the wrongs that we do in this stage of life. It is a perfect system that relives us from the burdens, crimes and wrongs that we could and potentially might have been part of in this life. It is a backup plan if we go astray from the pure path that we all want to maintain and follow. This is the original flaw in the logic of reincarnation. Yet another reason that contributes to us loving reincarnation as a concept is that is extends our horizons when it comes down to existing into eternity. Who would ignore that fact. It is the perfect set up to exist forever and be able to cope with the mistakes that we do. Consequently it help us to come to terms that we can grasp when it comes down the actual process of our continuation of life to another plane where we exist differently and on another level. We also have a complex when it comes down to interacting with individuality that has the potential to be more advanced than us. The reincarnation system brings us on terms where we could be equal to that type of individuality since they are in the pot too.

Another fact that springs to mind is how you would fit a grown up individual into a microscopic sperm? It is only logical that we take the form that we have nurtured all those years. And who would track individuality that is in the process of creating new life? It is impossible. The condom ruins that tracking system if it exists.

All my life I have been interacting with the spiritual plane one way or another and no one has mentioned reincarnation to me. They have been acting and giving me hints that the process and cycle of life has an upward curve and not a circular one. One of the top masters that I met gave me 10000 years only to reach a level where I can stand in person in front of him so that I can present to him the information that I have come across in a way that fits his status. In other worlds perfect that information and my ways of presenting it in a way that is worth his attention and level of perfection. I am sure they will be monitoring my progress under cover. Imagine if I had to reincarnate for 10000 years. I would accomplish nothing due to all the facts mentioned above. Yes, they have given me a direction and hints how I should proceed when it comes down to that 10000 years path. Imagine how much they care about that information and the deadline they have given me go present myself and that information their way and on their standards. And here we have someone that is stuck on 100 years and how he can beat that. It is sad. Because don’t doubt at the end of those 10000 years I will give them perfection defined for what it was done to me and the purity that was stained by including me in matrixes which purpose was to elevated me prematurely to their level of existence. And yet it is going to be their way, done professionally and calculated to the last detail because I see that master behind those actions. A master that expects the best and will not stop at nothing to see perfection executed, where the reward is to enter their circle of life by proving that you belong there.

I have discovered a way to test if reincarnation is true and how our timeline actually flows, so that I know that nothing will interfere with me presenting my case among greatness. I am in the process of verifying that after all the interactions that I have had with them. I believe that I will discover for myself what they have been showing me all along. Until I prove that, reincarnation will float in my perception of everything that I know as a thorn that puts limits where we should roam free and without them. Limits created to accommodate our personal flaws and inability to grasp the big picture due to lack of information.
I love Infinity, where we get to loose our self and catch whats important to us.
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

If one assumes that a person has a "soul" or "force" that is "driving" the vehicle of their body and is the seat of all one's intelligence and spiritual power then yes, I'd agree...there is an issue with the idea of reincarnation.

I have no opinion on the idea of reincarnation at this time. Mostly I don't concern myself with it as my spirituality is concerned with living this life and making this world a better place. I don't hold out for some heaven, reward, paradise or a future life. Will I meet my gods and ancestors? I don't know. My current myth and lens says I will. But...again, that isn't my focus. My focus is on my family here and now. *two cents*
Astraea Luna Avani

One Walker wrote:Do you remember everything while in the "In-Between"? I believe you do, otherwise you would have no way of knowing if you were gaining or losing ground in your personal growth.
So you remember your "in between" moments? Because I surely don't and have never met anyone who has. I have no way of knowing if i'm gaining or losing ground in my personal growth, I get more confused every time I learn something new. Every time I try to incorporate another belief into my life, it doesn't mesh with anything else and then I'm left wondering what is really true and what isn't! I feel like the more I learn, the more lost and confused I feel, like I'm going backwards almost. So, if I could remember the parts in between my past lives, at least that would provide me with the knowledge of truth, which I don't have and nobody I have ever known has had, even people on this forum. All people have are beliefs.

And I don't know why it would be impossible or bad in any way to remember past lives, because if you could remember everything then you'd already know the answers to all of life's questions and you could be happy and peaceful already, and there would be no fighting or violence or war because everyone would know every secret to the universe, I don't see how that is a bad thing at all.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

To me, life here on earth is a journey of expreience.

I do not belong here, I belong where I came from before taking a vehicle (body) to live on this heavy and negative plane.

I am sure that as a baby and very young child I did have knowledge of all I had experienced before from past lives and my life in my true home.

I remember hearing my mother talking about some one she knew who had died. I know I was very young probably about 2 years of age,
because I remember being in my grandmother's shop, where I lived in the flat above until the age of 2.

I knew even way back then that we don't die (in spirit) I tried to tell my mom her friend was going away to live in a place that was far away,
and when my mom had had enough living here she would go and find the place to live with her friend.
But being very young she did not understand me.
Although we have talked about this period in time, a few times over the years since, and she now understands what I was trying to tell her.

I now know this was a simple way of showing the spirit goes home after the jouney of life here, but this image and thought has stayed with me through my life.
I am 52 now, and I still believe I am here on a journey to experience life in the body and all that goes with it.....

I can only assume that as the heavyness and negativity that exists on this plane gradualy took away my memories of home as i grew into a young child and adult.

There are not many of us that can say they remember being a baby or toddler.
Our life as a baby is a mystery, and as such we normaly only have relatives and friends
who tell us about our beginning life here on this earth.
took them and when the photos were taken.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/marionuk/banner.jpg[/img]
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Heroine26 wrote:
One Walker wrote:Do you remember everything while in the "In-Between"? I believe you do, otherwise you would have no way of knowing if you were gaining or losing ground in your personal growth.
So you remember your "in between" moments? Because I surely don't and have never met anyone who has. I have no way of knowing if i'm gaining or losing ground in my personal growth, I get more confused every time I learn something new. Every time I try to incorporate another belief into my life, it doesn't mesh with anything else and then I'm left wondering what is really true and what isn't! I feel like the more I learn, the more lost and confused I feel, like I'm going backwards almost. So, if I could remember the parts in between my past lives, at least that would provide me with the knowledge of truth, which I don't have and nobody I have ever known has had, even people on this forum. All people have are beliefs.

And I don't know why it would be impossible or bad in any way to remember past lives, because if you could remember everything then you'd already know the answers to all of life's questions and you could be happy and peaceful already, and there would be no fighting or violence or war because everyone would know every secret to the universe, I don't see how that is a bad thing at all.
Hi Heroine!

What I said was you remember everything while in the In-Between. I did not mean to say or imply that anybody remembers while on this physical plane. Sorry if I was unclear about that! :oops: I believe you are correct in saying that all people have are their beliefs. That is their Truth. Belief, Truth, Faith, and Reality all seem to be subjective to each individual. It can be tough trying to incorporate new or different ideas, beliefs, or concepts in those circumstances. There are no hard-and-fast rules or one Universal Truth in that regard so I would not be overly concerned about finding one. Believe what you believe. That's part of everyone's path and I believe it to be an essential one.

I wouldn't be too concerned about feeling lost, confused, or whatever. We all feel that way at times and it's a good sign-at least it is to me-because it means you are asking questions. That's part of positive personal growth because it means you're ready to learn more. You're progressing in your thinking. You're considering broader perceptions. If you're looking for physical proof or some kind of reassurance that you had past lives or the In-Between actually exists; I don't think you'll find it in the here-and-now of this physical plane. The In-Between is on a different plane or level of existence and the past is the past. You can't go back and fix or change it. All you can do is take who and what you are in the present and make an honest attempt at bettering yourself.

And that ties in directly with 'knowing' or remembering your past lives. If we do so while occupying the In-Between we still can't go back and change things. The past is set and what's done is done. The answers are not back there. It was a different time and life on the physical plane was a different affair than it is now-or will be in the future. There have always been people who claimed or believed to have all the answers or The Truth and yet there continues to be war, strife, violence, etc. This implies that having all the answers or knowing every secret in the universe doesn't mean you will automatically have happiness and peace. I think it's what you do with those answers that brings about happiness and peace, not necessarily for everyone in the world but for yourself. Knowledge may be power but it seems that humans inevitably use that power to pursue material things and embrace the temptations of greed and control. What it all boils down to then is Free Will and the use of it. We all have it but the core question seems to be: What are we going to do with it? That answer to that is, I think, what will decide our future on this planet.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Astraea Luna Avani

That is my problem, I always try to find the one thing that is true. Logically there can only be one truth, so I feel like a fake if I'm not following that. So i've been on a mission to find that, and that's why I joined this forum because I recently discovered Paganism/Wicca which felt SO right to me, but now i'm having doubts again like what if this isn't the one truth. But that's a whole different subject, I kinda got off course there :lol:
Maybe

Post by Maybe »

Heroine26 wrote:Logically there can only be one truth
Or is there?
I started thingking that maybe there are many ways of seeing truth. Think about looking at a diamond: it has many sides. And for a fact we know that by looking at one side, you are actually looking at a part of the diamond.

So there might be many different approaches to the same one thing.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

Truth to each and every one of us is different.
Just as we are different.
What is true for you maybe not true for me and vice versa.

Trust your instincts, you will know what feels true to you, and that will be your truth.

Life is never black and white, there are a Myriad of colours around us with tones and hints of shades.
Pastels to bold colours.

Those that only believe there is black and white, are wearing blinkers to narrow their vision and beliefs.
I believe these are the people are the ones who try to constict us and bind us, to their own limited beliefs.

There are no right or wrongs.
There is only your truth.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/marionuk/banner.jpg[/img]
Astraea Luna Avani

Maybe wrote:
Heroine26 wrote:Logically there can only be one truth
Or is there?
I started thingking that maybe there are many ways of seeing truth. Think about looking at a diamond: it has many sides. And for a fact we know that by looking at one side, you are actually looking at a part of the diamond.

So there might be many different approaches to the same one thing.
Oh yeah, I didn't mean approaches, I was talking about that "same one thing". I know there are a million paths but what is the one true reality? I just find it hard to take on any beliefs until I know for sure the end goal is the correct one.
Astraea Luna Avani

sheelanagig wrote:Truth to each and every one of us is different.
Just as we are different.
What is true for you maybe not true for me and vice versa.

Trust your instincts, you will know what feels true to you, and that will be your truth.

There are no right or wrongs.
There is only your truth.
I guess this is where the scientist in me comes out, because at one time they believed the world was flat but now we know it isn't. Either there is life after death or there isn't. Either there is a God or there isn't. I don't know how it could be different for everyone. How do you explain athiests who have a near death experience and see Jesus and God when they didn't believe in them before?
level

Re

Post by level »

Heroine26 wrote :
"Oh yeah, I didn't mean approaches, I was talking about that "same one thing". I know there are a million paths but what is the one true reality? I just find it hard to take on any beliefs until I know for sure the end goal is the correct one."

As you progress trough life you will find that all your believes are based on our up to date lore of knowledge. The minute we receive new information on something we put it in that data base of knowledge and experiences and start to evaluate it. At the end we arrive at two conclusions where we either keep that information and eventually set it as the starting point to a path that would expand our experience and knowledge on the topic or we dismiss it simply because there is not enough information that might lead us to some kind of resolution. We need in somehow to experience that information.

What I have learned about walking the same path is that there is always room to diversify that path no matter how many times we walk it. What one accomplishes trough walking the same path over and over again is perfection on the details. A perfect example of this situation would be meditation. We do it over and over again but the outcome is always different. Then there comes the goal. The goal changes with us interacting with other individuals that are walking the same path but have totally different results. That diversifies and changes our goals and believes based on personal exploration since we are the one curving our own path

Heroine26 wrote
: "
I guess this is where the scientist in me comes out, because at one time they believed the world was flat but now we know it isn't. Either there is life after death or there isn't. Either there is a God or there isn't. I don't know how it could be different for everyone. How do you explain athiests who have a near death experience and see Jesus and God when they didn't believe in them before?"

I become an atheist after I had a near death experience. After my second near death experience my believe and perception on the afterlife was hammered on iron. There was no hesitation on my part. Yet, I still needed more information even though I had glimpsed and experienced a reality outside my physical body. I still question and search to enrich that base that was created by those two near death experiences. The point that I wanted to get across is that until we get to experience a path chosen by our own free will we cannot except realities one 100% because they are someone else’s path. My advice to you is to start meditating. That is the beginning that leads to self exploration but more importantly to interaction with the afterlife. When we meditate we shift not only our energy but the energy that surrounds us and by doing that we become visible to the spiritual plan, your chances then of having an interaction with the afterlife is increased by great amount. It is action that pushes us forward. If we just believe and do nothing to accomplish something then we rob ourselves from the pleasure of walking the path.

Believes shift with experience so does truth. Truth is dictated by the scope of interactions that surround us at any given moment and our ability to be able to witness and act on those events and interactions. From there truth is just a standard by which we separate information either as false or true based on our current data base of knowledge and to what degree we understanding our current reality. What is true for me would only become true for you if you walk my path, any given truth. If someone told you the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second you can either believe it or ignore it. But if you decide to research more and even calculate it on our own then you would arrive at a truth that someone else already has gone through the motions of calculating. That is experience supported by facts evolving in a system build by observing an event in a certain state. In the case of the speed of light this calculation is only true in vacuum. Who knows what kind of speeds light reaches in different environments.
As you change the foundation facts that form a system the true meaning changes with that shift. I am telling you there is an Afterlife because i have those foundations. By knowing that those foundations exist all you have to do is find them and explore them. Just like i do in controlled environment Orchestrated by me. What it boils down to is that even though i have actually experienced the afterlife it still remains information based even for me. The second you get to experience it on multiple levels it becomes multi-dimensional truth. Each dimension provides additional information and experiences. The more the better. I have made it a rule not to ignore information no matter how crazy and unreal. Simply because it is a tool of verification and possible anchor for new and more exiting paths to be explored. I just grade it based on my up to date lore of knowledge and experience.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers.
I love Infinity, where we get to loose our self and catch whats important to us.
theSeeker

Re: I think I discovered a flaw in the idea of reincarnation

Post by theSeeker »

Heroine26 wrote: Does ALL our memory get wiped out when we are born again?
Some believe that we loose all sense of spiritual being when we are born into human form (this is done to allow us to perform the task we were sent here to accomplish with out interference from our past spiritual life)... and it is the seeking of our true existence while we are here in this world that we become "grow" spiritual again, thus, find our way back home... to our place of being, that which we came from.

... does this cycle repeat or is it an one time deal - idk

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”