How does one go about having a spirit journey?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Michigannerdrage

How does one go about having a spirit journey?

Post by Michigannerdrage »

I have recently been advised to go on a spirit journey and so far in my life, I have only been able to start spirit quests whilst on drugs. I have been clean for 9 months and I don't wish to go back to that lifestyle. So I guess my question pertains to this, how would I go about a spirit journey with out breaking my vow of sobriety?
Planet Earth is both my living room and my bed room and the only things that suck about it is that I can't reach the thermostat and some times the shades leak on me.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: How does one go about having a spirit journey?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Go out into the woods with no electrronics for about a week. Do not contact the outside world and just stay with nature by yourself.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Michigannerdrage

Post by Michigannerdrage »

Thank you.
Planet Earth is both my living room and my bed room and the only things that suck about it is that I can't reach the thermostat and some times the shades leak on me.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

If you can't make it out into the woods, you can isolate yourself in your room or house. The whole point of 'journeying' is to step out of your normal routine.

Some other helpful tips. Keep everything clean. Meditate as much as possible.
If you're into music, don't play music with lyrics, only instrumentals. Unless it's something like an icaro, where the lyrics are designed to heal.

Drums and rattles help synchronize the brains to altered states of consciousness (meditative states, trance states, vision-quest states).

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”