sticky situations

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kassandra

Re: dark arts

Post by Kassandra »

rezam wrote:I think that it would be good to cover here
Meh, I don't think it would be, rezam...

Starwitch wrote:13. Discussion of certain topics is not allowed. Prohibited discussions include, but are not necessarily limited to, blood drinking, the use of bodily fluids in spells, using magic for revenge, using animal parts in spells, invoking evil spirits to do your bidding... and other stuff related to dark arts. While we understand that you may wish to learn about these subjects, even if you don't intend to be involved with them, we don't want to attract certain types of people to our forum by showing up in Internet searches for those keywords. It's our experience that people who are into that sort of stuff usually behave badly and end up banned from the board.
Just a friendly tip. If you want to break the owner of the board, Starwitch's forum rule above, be my guest (I don't do the banning, so it's no skin off my nose). But, if I were you I would OK that with her first. Maybe PM her and let her know your intention to break forum rules here, why an exception should be made for you, etc. Otherwise, if she hears about it by other means, she may just ban your account, no questions asked.

Just trying to help you out, man.

Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I was just reading the thread on what is a warlock to see if there are any dark connotations to those who call themselves warlocks or sorcerers. There where a couple of people who identified as warlocks on that thread. I wonder if they would know of the dark arts. Actually, I have only heard of black, gray, or white magick. I thought the dark arts was just a term used in Harry Potter.
There is the notion that a witch must know how to curse as well as to heal to be a true witch. I don't know where I heard that from but I know it is not a Wiccan notion so I don't condone it. I just think any true magickal practitioner would be interested in all magicks not for practice but out of appreciation and curiosity.
I would look at other websites geared toward gray or black magick.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

Isis3Anubis wrote:I was just reading the thread on what is a warlock to see if there are any dark connotations to those who call themselves warlocks or sorcerers.
Technically, it means 'rulebreaker' in a sense..

Kassandra wrote:
rezam wrote:I think that it would be good to cover here
Meh, I don't think it would be, rezam...
I agree with her on this. This forum just isn't ready for certain topics, and those might be better discussed elsewhere.
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
Kassandra

Re: sticky situations

Post by Kassandra »

No sweat, rezam. The thread could stay how it is (including the old title showing in the responses, as long as the OP title reflects the thread content accurately), so there is a reference to what I'm talking about in my post above.

Mainly, I want people to click on the forum rules hyperlink and at least glance at them before making a bunch of posts, so mods don't have to be nags (I hate nagging). Is that so much to ask?
(rhetorical question, don't have to answer :wink: ).

Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I would prevent negativity by doing some sort of divination like tarot or runecasting first to see if there are any possibilities of good intentions misdirected or turning into gray or black magick.
Personally I contact my guides or they warn me first of consequences.
Laurie Cabot has a great way of sealing her spells with saying: "Let this spell be for the greater good of all and in no way reverse or place upon us any curse."
It is easy for good intentions to be misread. You could want the best but somehow you forgot something, or failed to see higher insight of why the spell wouldn't be balanced in the first place. Unless you know all aspects of repercussions, it would be unwise.
Treating side effects? That would be an uncrossing, binding, or reversal spell depending on the repercussions. Sometimes the best way to learn and become wise is to experience from your mistakes. I would think it idiotic to intentionally make mistakes that could be very self-destructive to the practitioners and those around them which can be effected. I think the worst ignorance is the denial of repercussions, or the failure to see the truth of ones mistakes.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Good advice.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”