Help if you can - are stakes at the quarters cleansing?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Drusus6613

Help if you can - are stakes at the quarters cleansing?

Post by Drusus6613 »

Ok so I need some help. I can't find anything that says what has been done to a friend is what was said is done was actually to purify. What went on this guy claiming to be a high priest says he was going to purify my friends place by driving stakes in the ground at the cardinal directions. The thing is no smudging was done or anything else and last time I checked what he did was bind the negative energies to my friends house. If he did what I think he did how can I reverse it. This guy has split town too so it's not going to be able to find him is that easy.
PhoenixFlight

Re: Help if you can

Post by PhoenixFlight »

Well, it's possible that what he did, was what he said, though I'm a bit skeptical. What type of stakes did he use? (like, what material were they made from?) Any words spoken during this?As to reversing it, I need more information before I can answer that one.
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I would cast to reverse this said curse. Here is a great one to use.

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/s ... magick.htm
Drusus6613

Post by Drusus6613 »

Not sure of the words if he used any. The material looks like it rebar.
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Hmmm, I don't see how you couldn't ask your friend how he knows this person? Did your friend look up his information and contacted the high priest to do this "Cleansing?" Or do they run in the same circles or now other people who may have his info for you to contact him and question why he did things a certain way.

It's not very likely that a random stranger would offer that out of the blue, they must have some sort of connection that can be traced.
Drusus6613

Post by Drusus6613 »

My friend had a paranormal investigator team come out and this guy was in there but has since left.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Drusus6613 wrote:Ok so I need some help. I can't find anything that says what has been done to a friend is what was said is done was actually to purify. What went on this guy claiming to be a high priest says he was going to purify my friends place by driving stakes in the ground at the cardinal directions. The thing is no smudging was done or anything else and last time I checked what he did was bind the negative energies to my friends house. If he did what I think he did how can I reverse it. This guy has split town too so it's not going to be able to find him is that easy.
Well if the energy is bound to the house the first thing would be to remove the stakes and break them hopefully breaking the magical bond. I'd do an uncrossing or cleansing of the stakes as they were dug up physically broken and a call for protection. Then maybe try a smudging.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

If they are iron stakes then this is a classic hoodoo/conjure technique used to protect a property.

The usual way is to use iron railroad spikes.

http://www.oldstyleconjure.com/a-conjur ... -chest.php
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:If they are iron stakes then this is a classic hoodoo/conjure technique used to protect a property.

The usual way is to use iron railroad spikes.

http://www.oldstyleconjure.com/a-conjur ... -chest.php
I was thinking of that as a possibility. I have also heard of using coffin nails for something similar.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

It's funny because in Witchcraft iron/steel is used for attack as well as defence.

This metal, symbolizing fire and destruction, accords well with the nature of the Horned One in his aspect as a spirit of the wild hunt. Hence, the Athame is your main magical implement of aggression. Astrologically speaking, iron is the metal ruled by Mars, and it the energy of iron that can be used when invoking Cernunnos in his aspect of Horned God of Warfare and destruction.

So, the bottom line is, always know what/who you are dealing with, and what tradition they are practicing. Knowing these details about the person who laid the stakes will give you your answer.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:It's funny because in Witchcraft iron/steel is used for attack as well as defence.

This metal, symbolizing fire and destruction, accords well with the nature of the Horned One in his aspect as a spirit of the wild hunt. The Athame is strictly your main magical implement of aggression.

Astrologically speaking, iron is the metal ruled by Mars, and it the energy of iron that can be used when invoking Cernunnos in his aspect of Horned God of Warfare and destruction.

So, the bottom line is, always know what/who you are dealing with, and what tradition they are practicing. Knowing these details about the person who laid the stakes will give you your answer.
This is good advice. I'd never invite anyone to do any sort of work like that without knowing a bit of their background so if something went wrong and I didn;t know their background and areas of studies I wouldn;t be able to undo it.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

You're completely right, Loona, important to know what tradition they are working from - as you point out, otherwise how would you undo it? Always important to defend your house yourself, I think, don't leave things to chance.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:You're completely right, Loona, important to know what tradition they are working from - as you point out, otherwise how would you undo it? Always important to defend your house yourself, I think, don't leave things to chance.
I agree. It seems that the OP's friend didn't do any research or gather information about the person who performed the "original" cleansing ritual. I get the impression that the person that performed the original ritual may have been one of those people who is more talk than they are experienced. Like they may have book knowledge and information on a subject but haven't ever actually done any of the practical work that goes with the situation. This impression is strengthened when the OP mentioned that the person who did the ritual and working is no longer a part of the group that they went to and no one has been able to find anything about them since.

In cases like this I would definitely do some more research and see if there are other professionals in the area that will help. Most reputable paranormal investigation and removal groups have websites with information about the experience and training of those involved in the group. This allows you to find out further information about the group. By listing the different training and experiences members have it makes it easier to verify where they are coming from with their workings.

Using salt around the house may help remove the energy that has been bound and trapped there. A smudging would also be a good idea. These two simple rituals can cleanse the area and purify anything that remains. Its not an end all be all though. Because of the original work a smudging and a salting of the area may not be enough. This is why I think my original suggestion of breaking and removing the steaks is a way to go. i know iron steaks are difficult to break, so by breaking if they can be bent or cracked a bit through force it means the power has been lifted and the energy should disperse

If all else fails there is the lucky mojo radio hour where the problem can be called in. The diviners there can probably find out exactly what has been done and how to fix it. They may even provide step by step instructions on how the changes can be made and the problem fixed. This radio advice is free and its available online at anytime so if you miss the actual show you can find the recording online and they will answer the question then.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Drusus6613 wrote:My friend had a paranormal investigator team come out and this guy was in there but has since left.
Is there any information available about the training and origins of the guy who performed the original ritual?
Drusus6613

Post by Drusus6613 »

Other than what he has said no. I'm going to do the unbinding this coming full moon.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”