Pewter Does it have any Magic properties?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
thasme

Pewter Does it have any Magic properties?

Post by thasme »

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering about pewter. Dose anyone have any Idea if it has a special usage, with magic? I seem to be drawn to it for some reason.
Any sugestions would be great .
KNOW it NOW and you have WON...
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Stay away from pewter, it's lead based and has toxic qualities.
Elyheim

Post by Elyheim »

But it *does* make very pretty figurines...

>.>
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

i LOOOOOOOOVE pewter goblets *drools* hehehe
thasme

Post by thasme »

Thanks for the input everyone. I did find out that the newer pewter is safe. The Older stuff is what is so toxic. If you consume food /drink from it. So I wonder if useing it (like a pewter chalice just to hold water) would affect the outcome of a spell? like put Negitave vibes or something. I would think it would be ok as long as you didn't drink it. right? or Just do what Guardian Wolf said .lol. STAY AWAY. lol.. Thanks again ;)
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

I think pewter is just refined lead so I would recommend reading up on the metaphysical properties of Lead.
On a quick search I found a very small blurb about it here- http://www.magick-whispers.com/metals.htm
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Peweter is 99 percent tin. Thank god for Wikipedia.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Be careful using Wikipedia... it can be extremely misleading sometimes.
thasme

Post by thasme »

Thank You all for the info and Link. I think since I'v been kinda drawn to pewter here the last few months, maybe I am needing to learn something from Old man Saturn or Jupiter. ? sounds kinda nutty but realy I'v had ppl give me gifts for christmas that were pewter and I picked up a piece at a yardsale a few weeks back. guess that is why I was wanting to look into it. anyways thanks alot . Ya'll have a great day
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Pewter is a nickel tin alloy and is perfectly safe. It's one of the original alternatives for lead when it's lethality was discerned. The most you have to worry about with it is the occasional ultra sharp shaving if your milling and shaping it on a lathe and your dumb enough to set the rpm's a little high for metals of it's softness. (Yeah, ask me how I know that one :oops: )

As for it's properties in energy work, it depends on the shape and use. As a bowl or chalice, etc. It's energies blend well with water despite being a normally earthen in it's nature. As an emblem or in a raw hunk form, it's an excellent earth energy source. It's a slow source of energy and best for spell that do not require haste.

It can also store earth energy quite well although not very efficiently (It will leak, no getting around it.)

Hope this helps.

Blessed Be.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
thasme

Post by thasme »

Ok, so it is safe. A friend of mine said it was ok even to drink from if you don't use alcohol/wine. and even some pewter Newer pewter is ok as long as the alcohol isn't stored more than 48 hrs.
It is a chalice I am thinking of using it in a spell for my friend who is getting married. she has ask I do a protection/happness, sort of thing. So anywyas this cup I feel is perfect because of the ingravings on it. I'll post a picture on the picture thread. again Thank you for your info. have a good one ...............
thasme

Post by thasme »

thasme wrote:Ok, so it is safe. A friend of mine said it was ok even to drink from if you don't use alcohol/wine. and even some pewter Newer pewter is ok as long as the alcohol isn't stored more than 48 hrs.
It is a chalice I am thinking of using it in a spell for my friend who is getting married. she has ask I do a protection/happness, sort of thing. So anywyas this cup I feel is perfect because of the ingravings on it. I'll post a picture on the picture thread. again Thank you for your info. have a good one ...............
well looks like only people pictures go there so I'll post a pic here. I just love this cup.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”