Living in Retrograde

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Auseklis

Living in Retrograde

Post by Auseklis »

Greetings all,

This is my first post on this very informative forum however I have been reading posts and threads for quite sometime. I hope someone who has good knowledge on Astrology can answer my question...

Is there any way to reverse an unfortunate astrological 'curse'?

At birth I was given the 'blessing' of being born in a Mercury Retrograde and on top of that, a friend did a basic astrology chart and found I have more squares than a Harvard biology convention sponsored by BIC ballpoint pens!

Needless to say I have had an interesting life. I have learned to keep my chin up and have a 'go get em' attitude.

I was born on the 24th August 1971
4:45pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Latitude 33.81972º S 33º 49' 11" S
Longitude 151.0036º E 151º 00' 12.96" E
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Greetings Auseklis,

I don't think I have ever seen a chart without some square aspects in it. However, some charts can definitely be more challenging than others but squares aren't always the root of these challenges. Some squares are good--anything squaring Jupiter, Moon, or Venus, for example, is still a good aspect overall because it at once indicates a challenge and softens the hardness of the challenge. But, for example, a T-square between Sun, Saturn, and Mars would really suck! But, the general challenges of squares are also their blessings, so squares are necessary to inspire and to grow. The placements (houses) in the chart are crucial for squares and other aspects with one or more of the planets that happen to hold a square angle. For example, one may have Neptune square Mars, but that Neptune is also semisextile the Sun--this little detail definitely changes the nature of the square to Mars. However, I would have to look at your specific chart to comment further.

As for retrogrades, many, many people are born under Mercury retrograde since it goes retrograde 3 to 4 times a year for typically 3 to 4 weeks at a time. Given that you are a sun sign Virgo, this may make this issue a wee bit more prominent for you, but I wouldn't give it the energy of casting a bad star on your entire chart. In terms of Karmic astrology, a Mercury retrograde in a chart is often an indication that something needs to be re-learned in this life that was already learned many lifetimes ago, but either forgotten or abused.

Regarding "reversing astrological curses" I would generally say that yes it is possible and perhaps most assuredly necessary. I have been investigating my own chart for over two decades and I am astounded at how often new insights and new interpretations of aspects will change the perspective of the chart thereby altering "the cards I've been dealt." But it sounds like you've got a good handle on that with your "go get 'em" attitude! Feel free to send me a PM to discuss any of this further.

Warm Blessings,
bsp
Auseklis

Post by Auseklis »

Thank you for the reply and shedding some light on the situation. I shall do more research and reading and hopefully will find a light at the end of the tunnel.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”