The Good Witch

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
BondageGoddess98

The Good Witch

Post by BondageGoddess98 »

I just saw these two movies on Hallmark of all things one called "The Good Witch" and the other was the sequel to it "The Good Witches Garden". The main star was the one of the women from the show "Army Wives" but i cant remember her name. Anyway it was pretty good it was similar in a way to Bewitched in the way of a modern witch living in a suburb kind of thing.
Gloria
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

The actress is Catherine Bell, and yes- I love that stuff too! I'm a sucker chick-flicks, and this one (I've only yet seen "The Good Witch" ...twice!), is definitely a good pro-witch chick flick. :grin:

I'm actually going to be working on an article for about how the mainstream media has changed in such a way that the witch/wicca movies and TV shows are no longer totally taboo and shocking, but are actually leaving a sweetened impression on society, and through that public opinion and impression, is also helping to provide courage and strength to further investigate other paths besides that which has been the only "accepted" path of old. :28: I'll let you know when I'm done with it- I think wants to post it on the main EUTM pages. Presuming she likes it, that is. :wink:

For now though, I have the 'Good Witch' sequel bookmarked; it's on Hallmark, Friday at 9pm. :wink: :28:

~Blessings~

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”