wtf paranormal state?!

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
JackRabbitSlims

wtf paranormal state?!

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Does anyone else get annoyed by the people on this show?

Like I was watching an episode when they went into this church and they're talking about finding pentagrams, so they immediatly make insinuations about devil worship. Its like comeeee on.

Plus these people go into buildings calling spirits "bastards" and "assholes."

What the shiza are they trying to accomplish and prove? That they've been rude to a lingering soul.

Oye vay.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

I have a hard time watching propaganda-esque TV shows about the supernatural.
I hate Haunted, with a passion. Every time I see it, someone was Wiccan and their talking about how they are now Christian because they were attacked by demons.
I mean WTF is this crap?
To spread more hatred and lies about religions that aren't "mainstream" like Christianity? I think bigots in that religion and it's denominations do enough spreading for everyone. We don't need supposed "true" television programs, spreading lies about paganism.
You'd think in the year 2009, we wouldn't be having such a problem with religious equality.
But they also thought we'd have flying cars and live in space...
Eh. Religious equality should be easier to achieve than living in space and cars flying in the air.
Note, I said should be.
:(
[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

GG, is it me or are they all a bit red-neck???
[HangedMan]

Post by [HangedMan] »

i like the show for entertainment value. but i think all those shows are kinda... ummm... well, just like any other tv show-- out there to make money and cause fake drama.
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Haha yesh they do seem a bit redneck!

And yes I'm sure it is for entertainment value, but idk. That kid makes me annoyed. He's exploiting his talent for money. And doing it quite shittily if I may say so. Haha :D

But yeah I don't really take the shows like that seriously. Cause if you turned on the lights and turned off the timed creepy music you'd probably have an empty, less creepy building.

I for one would LOVE to see a show that is spot on about wicca or the craft. :)

But then again, its probably true that loving the earth and growing herbs maybe wouldn't make the best drama tv. :)
RuneGeek

Re: wtf paranormal state?!

Post by RuneGeek »

JackRabbitSlims wrote:Does anyone else get annoyed by the people on this show?
Yes, quite often. :roll:

I like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International because they're both respectful of the spirits (well, now that Brian is gone!) and at the same time scientific in their approach.

Paranormal State gets on my nerves with every other thing they run into getting labeled "demonic" and the fact that they always bring in a Catholic priest (how about a little equal time here?! :) ) And Elaine Warren... gods love her, she too seems to see demons around every corner.

I do like a couple of their psychics though... Chip Coffey, and a woman that they've started using whose name escapes me.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Release.the.bats wrote: I hate Haunted, with a passion. Every time I see it, someone was Wiccan and their talking about how they are now Christian because they were attacked by demons.
I totally agree with this. I really enjoyed watching the show for a while, but then quickly realized that anyone who was Wiccan/Pagan on the show ended up somehow summoning demons. Serious case of "you're doing it wrong!"

But ironically, have you ever noticed that on there, when they call for someone to get rid of a spirit/demon, the Pagans seem to be the few people who can accurately get rid of whatever it is? Double standard.

I've only watched Paranormal State a few times, and found that they really seem to have no idea what they are doing, and they are very disrespectful, like JackRabbitSlims said.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”