Roasted dandelion root

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Kassandra

Roasted dandelion root

Post by Kassandra »

Hey Shaman of Bliss, I saw your posting of dandelion. In college I used to grind roasted dandelion root (ew, make sure it's roasted!), put it in a coffeemaker, drip it, and drink it as a nice, hot coffee alternative. It's hard to find good tasting roasted dandelion root, so you may need to experiment with samples from different sources. It's bitter, and it is an "alternative," not a substitute. ..it doesn't taste like coffee, but more like roasted chicory (another healthy coffee alternative).
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

Oh really? And are there are drawbacks on this? Like, Side effects, various other warnings? I might just try it myself. =3
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I have never come across any negative side effects, although common sense tells us too much of anything isn't good. I've always read it's a good internal cleanser, etc. For example:

"...Dandelion root contains a bitter, milky juice that is thought to be capable of energizing the body. It also has properties that can detoxify the body and purify the blood. In India, dandelion root is used as a remedy for liver disorders. It is considered an excellent diuretic, largely because of it high potassium content....

(read more here:http://vitamins.ultimatefatburner.com/d ... -root.html)
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

Thanks! ^.^ And of course it does. But sadly some people take it too far, no? XD The information is great. I might just plant some Dandelions now. HA! My neighbors already think I'm weird.... Now I'll be Cultivating Weeds in my Back Yard. :lol:
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Imiko wrote:I might just plant some Dandelions now. HA! My neighbors already think I'm weird.... Now I'll be Cultivating Weeds in my Back Yard. :lol:
Just do what I do...appoint yourself neighborhood dandelion picker. It saves them time on their lawns, and generally people don't ask too many questions as long as they go away.
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

NightRose wrote:
Just do what I do...appoint yourself neighborhood dandelion picker. It saves them time on their lawns, and generally people don't ask too many questions as long as they go away.
Great idea! Now I'll just have to wait for it too stop Snowing, melting, going extremely hot the next day, and snowing again that night.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”