Alright so....

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
gwenblackbird

Alright so....

Post by gwenblackbird »

I'm Bisexual, and I just wanted to let people on this forum know that. I just thought that i might mention that. Just a random fact.

My two sisters know, and my mom sort of knows but she doesn't accept it. She basically thinks that it's an "attack from the evil one (Satan)" so she basically ignores it in a way and acts like she never found out. One of these days I'm going to tell her, because I'm not the one that told her to begin with which infuriates me.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Well, thank you for sharing that with us too, Gwen. I know it's a hard thing to "come out" and especially to a less-than-understanding family.

I'm married (to a man) and have been for the last nearly 12 years, but I did also "swing both ways" when I was younger. My situation was similar to yours, even though my longest and most meaningful relationships prior to my husband were with women, my parents refused to acknowledge it at all. Still to this day they shrug it off and tell me that it was "clearly a phase" as I've married a man. *Ugh!* I almost wish they would have hated me or felt *something* at the time I was being open with them about my sexuality, but they didn't.... it was almost as though if they didn't acknowledge it at all, it wasn't real. Honestly, that was quite pathetic of them, if you ask me.

I'm sorry to hear that someone else took it upon themselves to "out" you to your parents-- that's totally wrong. Perhaps though, try looking at it this way: #1, the cat's already out of the bag, so the hardest part is done... and #2, you are whoever you want to be, and whatever judgments your family may or may not place on you is really not of any consequence. The person you are is not determined by your sexuality, so really, it's not their business until you decide it is. :wink:

And when you are ready to talk to them about it, perhaps head up the conversation with "Mom, Dad--- I'm a Pagan..." ....and then they won't care what else comes out after that. :wink: (LOL)

Bright Blessings!
gwenblackbird

Post by gwenblackbird »

Ahahaha, yeah thanks.

I think that it will take a much longer time to tell them about me being both Pagan and Christian than about me being Bisexual.
lol :D
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

Hello,

It's ironic how sometimes families, who are supposed to be one of our greatest sources of support, can in this case be one of our greatest sources of pain. Ten years after telling my oldest sister in my teens, she still thinks that I'll "snap out of it" someday, as though bisexuality or homosexuality were a case of the flu.

You owe no one else any justification for being who you are. Since your mom is obviously Christian, you may want to have her watch the documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So." You should be able to find out more about it on www.soulforce.org. It's the story of how five religious families dealt with their childrens' sexuality, and it's really quite powerful.

Sending love, peace, and affirmation.
gwenblackbird

Post by gwenblackbird »

Thank you very much frisbee!
That was very helpful, and I will look at that website that you gave me.

-Many Bright Blessing
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

MoonStone wrote:And when you are ready to talk to them about it, perhaps head up the conversation with "Mom, Dad--- I'm a Pagan..." ....and then they won't care what else comes out after that. :wink: (LOL)

Bright Blessings!
lol I just adore your sarcasm Moon Stone,priceless, anyway...they are right you know. It really doesn't matter what others think, so long as you are happy, it was rough times when my parents found out, arguements, threats to send me to military school...(come to think of it I might have liked that lol) but my grandmother (who is the person referenced to in my welcome post), much to my surprise, once told my mother that I wouldn't be sent anywhere and that if she did try that she would make her wish she'd never been born. So, she was really the only family member who NEVER turned her back on me so it's good if you have at least 1 family member you can rely upon if not then you still have friends and it shouldn't bother you...

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”