seeking assistance with breaking longstanding hex

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
nightscanner59

seeking assistance with breaking longstanding hex

Post by nightscanner59 »

Nothing could explain the longstanding lonliness I've experienced. I'm relatively attractive man, have had my share of men who persued me in I've not changed that much.
But a few years back someone I met appears to have cast a black spell on me. I have no other explanation of the circumstances surrounding the absolute void of meeting anyone special since, even a freind!
God only knows I've been out looking for him/her. I don't look for any quick sex situations, wise to falling for that. But beyond that I seem to circumstancially miss the chance to meet anyone at all that takes any interest in me, that is gay. My freinds and aquaingtences marvel. They know and reiterate that "You're a good catch... Why are you so alone?"
I always suspected someone in my past of throwing some evil crap my way. I was unattracted to him, he carried considerable physical disease and a victim of his own bad habits and misdoings. He just simply had nothing to offer me, and was not satisfied with just being freinds.
He persued me vehemently. I was honest with him about why I would not consider his desires. My rejections elicited "threats" of spiritual revenge. Quote: "you better kiss me" (yeah right, horrible halitosis...) "or youre gonna miss me when I'm gone" "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too" Humerous phrases, but with dead serious intent.
Hindsight is 20/20. I was naive to his actions, but this was a person with little else to do but obsess on his desires. Over the last ten years, I've finally accepted that he must have cast some hex over me, something where if he couldn't have me then neither would anyone else.
I want to put it to rest. Any advice?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Merry Meet, nightscanner59. :28:

Well, first of all, I can tell you that I know the world of love can be very difficult. It's not made any easier in the gay community either. My best friend has been searching for "the right one" for many, many years. He's tried actively looking, not looking at all, trying to make "just friends", message boards, internet matching services and had even tried a love spell or two (where he then had every single past-love trying to contact him in one way or another... it was creepy, really.) No matter who you are, where you live, what you do or don't do... as they say, "it's a jungle out there."

While it does definitely sound like the man you're mentioning was quite the creep, I really wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he intentionally tried to hurt you via a spell or hex, unless there's something that directly points you in that direction. I'd certainly not think that way if he was not a practicing pagan/wiccan/witch. There'd be no reason why he'd decide to learn magic and then place a hex upon you if he'd not been practicing magic before meeting you... so if that's the case, I'd investigate different possibilities for your troubles, instead. If he was a magic practitioner though, perhaps he did say some words intending to cause you harm. In that case, I'd suggest doing some healing and purifying spells for yourself. Unfortunately, I don't have much more info on hexes or breaking them to offer you, but you may find more info is available via other members responses on hex-breaking if you posted this thread as well in the Questions & Answers portion under the Paganism/Witchcraft/Wicca section. (You could omit personal details about the man in particular and that you're gay if you feel more comfortable not talking about that in all the forum sections... I'm sure the help would be just as good.) :28:

Lastly, do bear in mind that when looking for new people to incorporate in your life, sometimes when you stop trying, you have the best luck. If one is actively 'looking for love', it can make them seem a bit clingy and almost desperate, which can scare a lot of good people away. (But it does attract the obsessive or N.S.A. one-nighter types.) I know it's very hard to be lonely and feel the way you do, especially when it seems to never end.... but try enjoying the friends you do have (even if they're just internet friends), and realize that you really are a 'good catch'... self confidence goes a really long way with attracting good people to you too!

Bright Blessings,
Moonstone
nightscanner59

Thank You for a reassuring reply

Post by nightscanner59 »

I didn't bother to get to know my suspect well enough to know if he was a practicing warlock or not, much of that is a hunch... however part of what bothered me and led me to suspect this were some satanic looking decorations that adorned his shabby little abode. May have just been the sort of junk young folks collect these days. He just kept turning up like a bad penny, and I kept chalking up the no-go-no-more places he'd be in my path again. His house burned down not long after my visit, and he seemed to just be a bad luck charm to anyone who took this poor soul in. A few freinds who had turned against me for a while cause of rumors that didn't pan out to be true learned of the trouble he brought and came back around. But nothing was ever the same as before whats-his-face turned everyone's life upside down.
It only took one very breif and uncomforable visit to his house and the horrible vibe's I felt there to convince me to leave him totally out of my life. Within a couple years I left the entire area and have no idea whether he's dead or alive. Anyone I knew of back there had long cut off all communcation with him, for similar reasons. Considering his state of general health.. he's probably gone. Its just a feeling, but I feel as though he cast a dark cloud over me that has followed me for years. I could chalk some of this up to circumstance, then start shaking my head at the extraordinary that has pivoted since one time... when I met him. I'll taking your advice, post my concern edited to be un-queerified and get some general advice on hex-breaking. Can't hurt, maybe if I do something it just might only amount to a placebo-antidote I need to shake it all off me :?
Heck even a little attract-a-good-freind spell wouldn't hurt me either :)
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hm, satanic things? Have you considered that he may have been a practicing satanist instead of dark-arts witch? There are some very strong retribution type hexes (or whatever they call them in satanism) and I know that religion basically says that if you feel you've been wronged or betrayed, they encourage the worshiper to "come down hard" on the betrayer, etc. (I believe the phrase in their credo says "destroy him"). You may want to read up a bit on satanism to see if there's something there he may have placed upon you. I remember reading this post (Gregory's post, specifically) and thinking it was rather interesting... and it does point to church of satan (dot) com- you might find some information there.

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with this man... he sounds like he was quite a lost and unfortunate soul. I've met my share of those types too... but luckily I wasn't stalked or hexed, that I know of. :wink:

Hopefully someone can give you some better advice on breaking hexes... it can't hurt to try, that's for sure. So far as things I can offer, I have some rituals that may do some good- I'll post them in the next post so this one doesn't drag on for two pages. :28:
(But they're about healing and things like that, not hex breakers specifically).

Keep me posted... if there's anything I can do, just let me know. :28:

Bright Blessings!

~moonstone
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

(Rituals and things):
*Most courtesy of 's main page here on EUTM

...Oh, and just a note, today/tonight is a new moon- it's the best time to do any ritual/spells for new beginnings. :28:

Ritual of Oneness
Lay down in a dark place in whatever position feels most comfortable to you.
Visualize the darkness surrounding you glowing with a soft golden light.
As you inhale deeply, breathe that light into you and cleanse yourself with it.
See the light removing all impurities and disturbances.
Visualize the problems and disharmonies as a sickly green light.
As you exhale, this light comes forth from your mouth, taking with it all the bad things.
Do this until the light coming from your mouth is only golden.
All the green is gone.
Now, as you continue to breath slowly and deeply, visualize yourself descending a staircase.
With each step you take, feel your consciousness spread out a little more.
When you feel as though you are in tune with your surroundings, come to the bottom of the staircase.
Ahead of you see a long hallway that never stops. Staggered along this hall are doors.
Behind every door is a different peaceful scene.
If you want tranquility, open a door to a tranquil scene.
If you want to do a love ritual, open another door.
Behind it you will feel the love that you will get from your intended.
For wealth, visualize you making money in what ever way, and it will happen so.
When you are ready, slowly walk up the stairs.
You will feel your consciousness returning to normal as you go higher.
You will awake feeling renewed and confident.
-----------
Cleansing Your Aura
Meditate and visualize your aura, all the good and bad energies like a living blanket of energy. Then visualize a small white ball radiating from your breastbone, inside the aura. While taking deep and rhythmic breaths, make the ball expand, as it expands and comes into contact with your aura, you will feel a mild tingling sensation. This is the pure energy acting to "burn off" the negativity and negative emotions attached to your aura. Continue to expand the ball until it completely encompasses you. You may hear a ringing in your ears, or a sizzling/staticy noise. That's ok. Hold this image in your mind until you feel certain the negative energy has been diffused. Take a deep breath and hold it while you visualize that white light becoming like fog, dissipating around you, falling harmlessly away. What remains should be your normal, at rest aura. You may want to do this several times the first week, then maybe once a month (or more during periods of stress) thereafter.
-----------
Good Luck Spell
You'll need:
*A candle to represent you (any color)
*A gray candle
*A black candle
*An orange candle
It's best to perform this one while the moon is waxing. Light the candle that represents yourself and say: “This is me, me in all things” Light the black candle and say: 'This is all the bad luck that has dragged my footsteps. Trouble, disappointments and tears are here. This bad luck now leaves me forever'. Light the gray candle and say: 'All that was bad is neutralized. All my bad luck is dissolved'. Light the orange candle and say: 'This is the energy coming my way, to get my life moving and speed up the change'.

Sit quietly for a while and visualize the negative energies being whisked into the gray candle and dissolved into empty nothingness. Visualize the orange candle drawing good energy and good luck towards you, see the air stirring about with possibilities and opportunities.

Let the candles burn down completely (take the usual safety precautions)
-----------
Healing Spiritual Illness
A spiritual illness can be felt in a variety of ways. There may be a feeling of being totally drained, usually a result of depression (which is an illness of the spirit as well as of the mind), there may be addictions, there may be a string of bad luck, poor social relationships etc. Spiritual illness can also produce physical illness.

If it is you that is suffering from this illness, cast a circle and then visualize white light streaming from above into you. You should be able to feel this light like a warm wave of love. It is the love of The Goddess and of the spirits of your ancestors and guardians that you carry with you always. Concentrate on realizing that you are a Star of God sent into this world for spiritual experience and that the difficulties you are experiencing are only temporary and are a necessary part of your journey to spiritual enlightenment.

Incantation:
Great Goddess and all you spirits of love that surround me, bring me blessings.
Be with me now and forever.
-----------
Spell to Reflect Negativity
You will need a consecrated small round mirror,
a wide-mouthed glass jar, ashes, vinegar, a knife or something else sharp like a razor blade
or piece of broken glass, and an apple.
After sundown, set the jar before the mirror and place in it some ashes.
Fill it up about 2/3 of the way with vinegar.
Take the apple and carve into it something that will represent the person or the negativity which
follows or attacks you. Try and make it as clear as you can-while you carve, infuse the apple
with all of the negativity you perceive around you . Raise the apple above the jar and say:

"Evil send must come to rest
Reflect it back to who knows best
Energy spent for evil and bane,
Go back now from whence you came
Far away I send you this hour
May all your attempts to harm turn sour!"

Place the apple in the jar-for best results do this spell for three consecutive nights.
-----------
Reflection Spell
This calls for casting a circle because you are using your subconscious mind, and not your conscious mind. Use a round, blessed mirror. Light Patchouli incense. Smear a light coating of allspice around the outer Circle, starting at the top, going in counter clockwise position. Chant:

Bind this (man/woman) I name ________
Bind him/her from our home and life.
Give us peace, remove the strife.
Let their will be free, as long as he/she stays away from me.
Protect our family from this day forth,
Allow _______ to never darken our door.
Reflect back now and please be Quick.
Keep him/her away, if _______ breaks the spell.
Make him/her hear well,
If _____ Comes back here
Make _____ become violently ill.
As I have Willed, So it shall be.

Thank all Elements for attending the right. Close Circle.
-----------

...Hope that helps! (If you're new to magic, let me know and I'll gladly explain all this 'consecrating', 'circle casting', 'invoking elements/quarters' etc. and anything else you didn't know.) :28:

Bright Blessings!
nightscanner59

Post by nightscanner59 »

Matter of fact I am brand new to this, and you mentioned the exact things I am unclear on, consecrated mirror, circle casting. I appreciate your assistance here greatly. I am planning on doing most or all of these suggestions, a good start at some mindset changing rituals as well as to cast some goodness into the universe from some situations I've had difficulty learning the lessons from.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

want a hot tip?

If you identify with any gods or goddess in pagan lore, I suggest a simple prayer to rid yourself of what you suspect to be a spell cast against you.

Freya in germanic traditions is the goddess of love, as well as a fierce warrior. She may be appropriate.

I find that some times we can only do so much, and asking a god nicely to help you, well they have power and are able to handle these matters quickly and eaily.

I hope this helps.

P.S.

I hate myself for the string of men I've left behind me. Some times it takes a lot of hurt, to find someone who can help us start to heal. :wink:

Best of luck my fellow.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Sure, nightscanner. And I must say, you seem to have a great outlook when it comes to all this and your intention behind the magic.
nightscanner59 wrote:...some mindset changing rituals as well as to cast some goodness into the universe from some situations I've had difficulty learning the lessons from.
...That's great to see! :28:
------
Ok, here's what I've got:
(*and please do bear in mind that I'm in no way an expert on this... and not only that, everyone has their own way to do these things, so my perspective is not necessarily the "right one" for you... the info below is just the 'how and why' I practice. I'd also recommend picking up a book or two on beginning witchcraft/wicca so you can read through it and take from it what feels best to you.) :28:

Grounding and Centering:
Purpose: the energies we work with in magic can be very overwhelming. Tingling, increased heart rate and light-headedness are all very common when working with elemental energies (magic). After and before you work any magic, by grounding and centering, you're essentially focusing yourself to receive the magic & energy you draw toward you, then you're releasing it back into the elements once you've completed your magical working.

How to: Check out this post by Travis Sanders, he explains it well. I'll also add that when releasing the energy and grounding after a magical working, sometimes it's best to sit or stand barefoot directly on some "earth" (dirt, grass, etc).

Circle casting:
Purpose: to create a sacred space in which to work your magic. It also helps keep "undesirables" from entering your home as they might if not confined to the magical circle.

How to: OPEN- First, set your circle, walking around the circle three times deosil (clockwise), or "draw" it around you with a stick/wand, etc., three times, saying:
"Here the circle I do cast
Call the elements to bind it fast
Beyond the boundaries of Time and Space
I create here a Sacred Place
Where none but love has entered in
And with Love I now begin."

How to: CLOSE- Walk (or "draw" around you with stick,etc) three times round your circle widdershins, (counter-clockwise) releasing the circle. Say:
"The circle is open, but never broken. Merry meet, merry part and merry we meet again."
...there are also ways to "cut" a door for yourself in your circle, but I'd start with just this to begin. Cast yourself a circle and stay in it till you're ready to close it. (Just make sure to gather up anything you're going to want for your spellwork first).

Consecrating & Charging:
Purpose: To cleanse an object of old energies, imbue your personal energy within it and re-name/re-purpose it as your magical item. It doesn't matter where the objects come from, how they're made or even if you have to do some substituting. The magic comes from within you... the tools really don't matter.
How to:-You'll need a bowl (preferably a "natural" bowl, wood, ceramic, shell, etc.), some sea salt (available at any grocery store), some incense (available at most dollar stores) and a white candle. Have all these things present and your incense burning. Take the object in both of your hands and envision a white light coming from the center of your chest into the object. Hold it above your head and welcome the light above, upon it. Pass the object through the incense smoke, saying:
"By the powers of air and fire,
I do cleanse and consecrate this ______
for use within my magic circle.
May it serve me well.
In the name of the God, so mote it be."

Place a few pinches of sea salt on the object, then a few drops of water, saying:
"By the powers of earth and water,
I do cleanse and consecrate this ______
for use within my magic circle.
May it serve me well.
In the name of the Goddess, so mote it be."

...In closing, I always recommend starting with a healing or protection type spell first. I also have nothing but nice things to say about the "Cleanse your Aura" ritual-- that's a very good place to start before doing anything else. And remember, the magic comes from you, everything else is secondary. :28:

Bright Blessings!

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”