Happy Early Samhain

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
WhisperedCandlelight

Happy Early Samhain

Post by WhisperedCandlelight »

Well Samhain is coming up this month.
I just wanted to say happy Samhain to all Members as i wont be online that night- due to my schedule that night ;)
What will you be doing that night- im definitally celebrating it !
I just still need to prepare...
Chelsea*Morning

Post by Chelsea*Morning »

Well, I am new to this. I have been reading about the Sabbats and Esbats for some time now. I celebrated Ostara this year with my family, but in a very "mild" way...meaning we dyed eggs, made a cake and had a bonfire. The celebration included pagan elements but was not necessarily labelled as a pagan event, if that makes any sense.

I have made an altar for Samhain and my family, friends and I will be having a feast (not a dumb supper though, as we have kids and I know they could never be quiet for a whole meal!) I have a friend who is very experienced in witchcraft and Wicca and she is willing to hold a seance for those who are interested in participating. I think at that point, we will send the kids out with the uninterested adults for a spooky walk in the woods. I have also put together a collage containing photos and mementos of those in my family who have passed on. I found a recipe for a Samhain incense and am proud to say that I have made my very first blend!

I am curious as to what others do on Samhain. For instance, what might be the focus of a ritual held on that evening? Just wondering :)
AzureImpaler

Post by AzureImpaler »

You know, just a thought (especially since I personally LOVE it), is if you want the full dinner/supper but without concern over sitting down for a formal one, you could have a barbecue or something to that nature. That way it can be more relaxed and outside, but still get the larger amount of food. This also can help do other things to celebrate while outside.

Of course, this really works when you are in the right place. (I.E. downtown New York might be a little tough to do this ><)
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
Chelsea*Morning

Post by Chelsea*Morning »

AzureImpaler, that is a good idea. I am fortunate enough to live in a very rural area, so it's definitely a possibility. Now I just have to hope it's not freezing that night! :)
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

The night before Halloween I plan to light candles and incense. I'm also going to do a small ritual. I carved one of the pumpkins I bought last night. Tonight I'm going to carve the other one. The day of Halloween I'm going to give out candy to the trick or treaters and I'm going to watch as many horror movies as I can. Have a safe Halloween/Samhain everyone!
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”