Born Out of Time?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
pegasusflyinghigh

Born Out of Time?

Post by pegasusflyinghigh »

Has anyone ever felt like they were born wrong? Born out of time? I feel like I just don't belong here - I never have. I am 48, but no, it is not a mid life crisis. I felt this even as a child. I've always marched to the beat of a different drummer and proud of it -

I feel like I was born at the wrong time, and am seeking answers to my questions and feelings. Thank You.

Blessed Be.

Pegasusflyinghigh[/i]
pegasusflyinghigh

Afraid of this

:( I was afraid no one could help me. Thanks for looking tho.

Blessed Be.

pegasusflyinghigh
Veronika

Post by Veronika »

Hi,

I don't know if you can call this being born out of time, but there are different periods of history that you like most than others. For instance, I'm born in 1990, but I love 30's & 80's. It's like I've lived there before and loved this time. I made some researches and apparently, in my past life, I lived from 1900's 'til 1980's. So, maybe the answer is here?
So I dress like in the 80's, listen to 80's music and spend my life as if I was living in the 80's.
Were you talking about this?

Veronika
pegasusflyinghigh

Thanks

Thank you for responding, but no, its not like that. I feel like I don't belong here - I was born wrong - don't understand it, but I am 48 almost 49, and felt this way most of my life - even as a child.

Maybe I'm just "weird" - :lol:

Blessings,

pegasusflyinghigh
dark

old souls

Post by dark »

I am 26 years old. Throughout my entire life everyone (inclusing strangers) has always told me that I have an "old" soul. As a child I never felt the typical childhood feelings or actions. As an adult I can bedown on myself because inside I feel like I should be at another place in my life yet everyone tells me I am too young to even be thinking about those things!

In my situation...I feel like I am an older person trapped in a younger persons body. My dreams, actions, thoughts, and spirit do not reflect my outter appearance.

I am not sure if this is what you are feeling but I thought I would share.

Anne Marie
pegasusflyinghigh

Thank You.

This might be what I am experiencing. Thank you for your input. I feel like I was born too late - born wrong - Like I don't even belong here. It's not a place in my life I don't belong - It's life itself - this life - that I don't belong. I guess I just don't understand it. Someone told me once that I might have had unfinished business in a past life - but I don't know. It sounds too similar for me not to think on this one. Maybe I am like you amkgarza, we just express it diferently, but I sure am glad someone else feels this way too! At least I know I'm not nuts? :) Thank you - I will think on this. I just really appreciate your input.

Blessings,

pegasusflyinghigh
Dreamcast99

Post by Dreamcast99 »

i know EXACTLY how you feel because i feel the same way.
Its not like im not happy of my life at the moment..just that it feels like i should be somewhere else or some other time. And the "Old soul" reference applies to me as well. Since i was a small child, ive felt like i was a bit too mature for my age.
pegasusflyinghigh

Thank You Dreamcast!

I just thought there was something wrong with me! Thank you!! Even my own sister thinks there is something wrong with me and I can't get people to understand. Thank you for replying!! At least I know I am not alone feeling like this! :D

Blessings,

pegasusflyinghigh
EyesLikeIce

Post by EyesLikeIce »

Wow! I was actually just thinking about this once again yesterday. I feel as though I was born in the totally wrong time... I don't feel I belong here right now in this time period at all. It's not that I feel I don't fit in etc. I just feel so lost here and as though I've been misplaced. Also, I have been told by many people that I have an "old" soul and I feel very old and weathered, yet I'm only 17. I don't know exactly how to explain this next thing but I'll do my best. With alot of things, experiences, conquests, etc. etc. I just feel like I've been there and done that many many times over... yet in reality I haven't even experienced it period, atleast not in this lifetime. Can anyone relate to feeling like this?
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

I would happen to bet that the people here who feel "born out of time" are young. This is not ment to stereotype, but,

I find that the yuung often create drama, helps them feel alive, the same way athletes compete.

I've seen, experiened, and talked at lenght abotu with my student how young members of the pagan comunity have active imaginations, which is not bad, as I myself have one. However, we all let our minds get away on us.

My student talked to me for several hours about how he felt he had some great divine purpose, he could feel it. Like he could use magic in some extreme and truly awesome way.

I told him not to get hasty, that perhaps all the magic in the media was affecting him. I talked to him about how when we are young, and maturing we look for purpose, or somthing to define us, make us unique and an adult.

This born out of time, may be an example of just such a thing.

I'm not trying to run you fellows down, truly I am not. But here yourself,

we are not all warriors of the gods, send to the earth for some great purpose.

I also strongly doubt you are "born out of time" with is to imply that, you simply popped into this time frame.

If you like old music thats cool, so do I. Doesn't mean I was ment to be born early in the century. Just because I love celtic and norse lore, and culture, doesn't mean it was a mistake I was born in this time.

I find that stepping back, cooling off, and shaking some common sense into yourself will do you wonders.

And before you get overly upset, relax, i speak from personal experience, I was convinced that I had a special purpose, and only me.

You will soon realize that, you have purpose, and you just have yet to realize it. I see that I can help people, train the young in my knowledge, and carry on an ancient culture and history.

Be a doctor, lawyer, scientist, cure a ailment, or invent an infinite power source.

Don't create a complex that will only cost you therapy money later in life to undo.
witch505

Post by witch505 »

I think it would be amazing to live in the middle ages. Not so much for the very short life expectancy, but I'd always wanted some knight in shinning armor to rescue me.

Haha. :lol:
pegasusflyinghigh

For Gregory

I am 48 almost 49, and have always felt this way. I don't feel I had a "devine purpose" and missed my calling. It is hard to understand but I felt like I have never belonged. Always marched to the beat of a different drummer, mind you, but I know I didn't belong here and never have.

I am not downing you for what you say or think, we all have our own opinions and need respect the same, but I really don't think you truly understand the feeling.

It is hard for someone like you to understand when you haven't truly felt it. I'm sorry if you don't agree with the way I explain things.
I really haven't felt like you did - that I have a special purpose only for me. It is just hard to explain.

Blessings,

pegasusflyinghigh
morak

Post by morak »

hello pegasusflyinghigh
i havnt been here in a while but you might want to consider you have something to learn about your self, sometimes it takes a life time to learn, then when you have learned you get a different lesson to learn, you may spend a lot of your time aloneyou have to learn to be alone and not feel isolated, you should accept your operating on a different wave length because you are, probaly you dont have the same materialistic values others have without realising it you are teaching some one and being teached which can be confusing.
i do as a hobby numerologyi am 54 and have felt like you do, from what you describe you have a core value of 7, this is not the only number you are but the main one. if you want to i will do you a basic nunerology report but dont send your details in the forum.
accept what you are and be assured you are not born out of time, no one is we only have to learn different stuff.
regartds
morak
pegasusflyinghigh

Thank You Morak

Maybe you are right. I do have different values than a lot of people and stand and shake my head at them - thank you for answering. Your answer has seemed to strike a cord in me of truth. Thank you again. This sure does explain a lot.

Blessings!

pegasusflyinghigh
twilight

Post by twilight »

pegasusflyinghigh I have similar feelings to you, but with mine I feel I used to live in the 18th century and I still retain some of those memories and feelings, it's not so much that I was born in the wrong time, I know this is another life now but I cant help but want to return to my previous life (or lives).

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”