How do you think she would react

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.

How do you think she would react?

I am proud of you
No votes
Get out of my house
38%
your grounded and cant ever get on the computer again
25%
might try to kill me
No votes
acept it but not know what to say
38%

Total votes: 8

DarkAngelWingz

How do you think she would react

Post by DarkAngelWingz »

My mom told me 2 years ago not to do any witchcraft or anything associated with it i have beenn going to friends houses on the weekends and practicing there or whenn she is not home if she found out how do you think she would react...i am 16 and she doesnt understand me at all i dont think anyone would ever understand me so thats why i need friends who can understannd me and she doesnt understand tht either help me please...
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

I'd be happy to vote but I don't know anything about your mother. My parents just accepted it and didn't say anything. At least I think they did. My experience doesn't cover all parents though, and I was 18 when I told mine.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Oakland Earth Dancer

Post by Oakland Earth Dancer »

Hey!
I'm 14 and I told my mom I wanted to become a Wiccan. She told me it was ok... Just not to do anything "stupid" that I don't want to do.
Like, no sacrifice, or traveling (astral) somewhere where I might get hurt.

I would tell her and depending on what kind of witchcraft you practice, explain to her what you do and hhow it's really not that bad. She might accept it or not accept it. I think, by what you said she told you, she might not accept this religion, but that can't stop you from doing something you enjoy... you know?
AzureImpaler

Post by AzureImpaler »

I agree with Oakland. One of my favourite quotes is "People see something different, and they're afraid of it. But... if you show them the beauty of and in it, then they can appreciate and even love it." ^^

I'd say it's up to you, of course, but just remember that hiding something for too long can get difficult, risky, and even dangerous. You have my support, being that I'm spiritually all over the place (albeit I'm 20 now), but in high school, I was in a very similar situation. (but obviously not the same).

Whatever you chose to do, just make sure that your not putting yourself or anyone in a position you shouldn't or don't want to be in. Remember that your safety and freedom both spiritually and physically come first.
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
DarkAngelWingz

Post by DarkAngelWingz »

i didn't tell her i had my brother do it when she confronted me i told her it was true she is accepting it and dealing with it pretty well
Oakland Earth Dancer

Post by Oakland Earth Dancer »

That's awesome! I'm so happy that she decided to accept it. Congrats!
DarkAngelWingz

Post by DarkAngelWingz »

Yeah I found out who my dad is and he is accepting it too they are both really cool about it. Its kindda cool now i just have to work on telling my boyfriend....that will be harder than my mom finding out IDK if i will be able to tell him that ia m into witch craft :cry:
WhisperedCandlelight

Post by WhisperedCandlelight »

Thats great its working out.
When i told my dad he didnt care. He doesnt care what i do really.

I would just say be careful who you tell.
You Might want to rethink telling your boyfriend maybe, Hold off it for abit and thinkabout it for awhile and think what it might do to your relationships.

But If you do it then all the best wishes to you

Blessedbe
Whisperedcandlelight
DarkAngelWingz

Post by DarkAngelWingz »

yeah i told my best friend Jess and he is all cool with it cuz Jess wants to date me but my boyfriend is history cuz he tried to get my mom to sleep with her everything is really going well it is awesome Jess wants to date me so i think i will go with him cuz he is cool
WhisperedCandlelight

Post by WhisperedCandlelight »

Glad everything is going great.
Except for the mom part.

Blessed Be
WhisperedCandleLight

Return to “Teen Concerns”