wonder which

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
AzureImpaler

wonder which

Post by AzureImpaler »

Hello again my friends! I love gardening personally. I've taken to the rose bushes at my parents house quite often to help them manage them all. So anyhoo, I was figuring things out, and I plan on moving out on my own relatively soon. (being within anywhere from 1-2 years max), and ideally moving more towards the beach. I was wondering if anyone knew any good plants that I might grow that wouldn't need too much pampering and would fit well at a coastal climate. Also, if they have any helpful properties spiritually it's even better. ::coolglasses::

So yes, there it is.
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
lillygager1

Post by lillygager1 »

AzureImpaler,
There is a great book I recommend to you, Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs By Scott Cunningham Its a great book if you are looking for plants. Most all plants hold some sort of property. Example, Lavender works in many spells, and just the sight of it can take your sorrow away.

There are lots of plants that enjoy coastal climate, Cactus' Enjoy it very much, as long at there is a warm window and lots of sunlight. They are very low maintenance and require water once or twice a month. Aloe Vera Is also a type of cactus that requires the same maintenance and hold healing properties. As you have probably heard.

Also, Peace Lily's are very beautiful, and only require water when their leaves began to wilt. They love full morning sun light, and have beautiful white flowers.

Prayer Plants are also very lovely. They bloom year round, and require the same maintenance as peace lily's, but with different watering.

Small tree's do very well, like bonsai and ficus.

Hope that helps!! Plants always cheer me up!

Peace and blessings,
lillygager
AzureImpaler

Post by AzureImpaler »

Oohhh, thank you very much. That does help quite a bit!

I can't believe I never thought of aloe. o.0 We had a large grouping of aloe plant on the side of our old house, and I ended up using it every so often. Thanks for bring that up!
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
hcfp

Re: wonder which

Post by hcfp »

AzureImpaler wrote:Hello again my friends! I love gardening personally. I've taken to the rose bushes at my parents house quite often to help them manage them all. So anyhoo, I was figuring things out, and I plan on moving out on my own relatively soon. (being within anywhere from 1-2 years max), and ideally moving more towards the beach. I was wondering if anyone knew any good plants that I might grow that wouldn't need too much pampering and would fit well at a coastal climate. Also, if they have any helpful properties spiritually it's even better. ::coolglasses::

So yes, there it is.

Here are some of sea-tolerant plants:

Sea lavender
Sea pea
Wild asparagus
Oysterplant
Lundy cabbage
Thrift
Sea campion
Salt-marsh plants
Glasswort
Scurvy grass