Cannot believe I'm finally posting this.

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Finding inner peace is good. Life is full of challenges, and its good to meet things with a good mind set, you seem to have one.

Just remember, when you find that inner peace, be true to it, whether you decide to close that chapter (your bisexual experiences) or not.

Best of luck, these internal times are some the hardest, but most profound.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I've finally reached a peace of sorts. Thanks to talking with both of my gay comrades, I reached a final decision. There is no next step, unless I want there to be one. If I something happens, I will decide how to deal with it then, not ahead of time. I accept that I am bisexual and that I am, to an extent, attracted to men. I accept that one day, I may become romantically involved with a man as well as my wife. I will not worry about it until it happens.

there isn't a reason too. I should just accept myself and run with it as i have every other discovery I've made over the years about myself.

I guess it's just the stigma of the G word that got to me. But I'm okay now. I'm over the real shock of finally saying it and admitting it to someone beyond my wife.

Thanks guys.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Very well put, everyone. I understand the issue Wolf Witch is explaining (gee though, Wiccan and Bi in the military... not making it very easy for yourself are you?) :wink: ...any new discovery is a curiosity. Now it's all itchy and wants to be scratched. I'm sure he loves his wife (and wow, I must say she's doing remarkably well with the whole thing), but it's like a box has been dropped at the front door with a big, bright bow on it and he's not allowed to touch. I do understand. Just that feeling alone can ruin your marriage, Wolf Witch.

My recommendation? Talk with your wife very candidly about your feelings and possible desires to explore these new-found emotions. Being that she is apparently incredibly open-minded and accepting, she might be okay with the idea of an experience where you two both incorporate another man. This can be just a physical experience, if that's what you want to explore, or a more psychological intimacy. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make... but I think from your wife's perspective, her actions are telling you that she loves you unconditionally, and she really might be open to the idea of either exploring with you or allowing you to explore on your own. Believe me, as a wife, and a very accepting one who has lived on both sides of the fence, I can tell you that the responses you are getting from your wife are extraordinary. Talk to her.

This feeling will always nag at you; eternally remain on your mind- and even more so if you try to ignore it. Your being in the military makes it all a bit harder too, I'd imagine; you're really not "permitted" to openly be yourself there, and especially not open about this. Try to think of it this way: it's a job, just a job. Who really wants all their dirty laundry out at work?!?

Blessings to you, Wolf Witch, on your quest.

~Blessed Be~
[HangedMan]

Post by [HangedMan] »

i'm glad you found some peace in the situation, ww. it's a tricky situation, but i'm sure the more it sinks in and you accept the reality of it all, future decisions will become much easier for you.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

MoonStone wrote:Very well put, everyone. I understand the issue Wolf Witch is explaining (gee though, Wiccan and Bi in the military... not making it very easy for yourself are you?) :wink: ...any new discovery is a curiosity. Now it's all itchy and wants to be scratched. I'm sure he loves his wife (and wow, I must say she's doing remarkably well with the whole thing), but it's like a box has been dropped at the front door with a big, bright bow on it and he's not allowed to touch. I do understand. Just that feeling alone can ruin your marriage, Wolf Witch.
Yes I do and yes she is. I love my wife dearly and she's been more than accepting of this. You're right about the military angle. It's a little easier because I can be openly pagan. My lead Chaplain asked me to be a "Lay-Leader" for others on the boat. It's helped a few guys realize what they where. *Funny note* One of them is one of the gay guys whose helped me accept all of this.
My recommendation? Talk with your wife very candidly about your feelings and possible desires to explore these new-found emotions. Being that she is apparently incredibly open-minded and accepting, she might be okay with the idea of an experience where you two both incorporate another man. This can be just a physical experience, if that's what you want to explore, or a more psychological intimacy. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make... but I think from your wife's perspective, her actions are telling you that she loves you unconditionally, and she really might be open to the idea of either exploring with you or allowing you to explore on your own. Believe me, as a wife, and a very accepting one who has lived on both sides of the fence, I can tell you that the responses you are getting from your wife are extraordinary. Talk to her.
Oh, that's been mentioned once or twice. I've told her that my final decision is that, if anything happens and I become involved with a guy, he has to accept that my wife is a BIG part of me and that if he loves me, he has to love my wife. And yes, that will occasionally mean that I will be with her or we will both be with her. This is why we will both talk about anything i do in this regards. It's an odd relationship but it works. Her big fear is us ending up in a relationship like our friend just got out of that actually ruined her marriage. I doubt that will happen as long as we keep our heads about us.
This feeling will always nag at you; eternally remain on your mind- and even more so if you try to ignore it. Your being in the military makes it all a bit harder too, I'd imagine; you're really not "permitted" to openly be yourself there, and especially not open about this. Try to think of it this way: it's a job, just a job. Who really wants all their dirty laundry out at work?!?

Blessings to you, Wolf Witch, on your quest.

~Blessed Be~
I'm going to be so different in nine more years when I can retire... Yeesh. The mountains of Tenn. look better and better all the time.

Thank you all.

and thank you Hanged man.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”