Ride like the wind! Anyone have advice on air element?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Peregrine

Ride like the wind! Anyone have advice on air element?

Post by Peregrine »

Welp, over the next few days, my region of the world will be getting the outer bands of hurricane Fay. It will be the first time I've encountered any winds like this since 2005, when my husband and I spent our honeymoon cruise during Halloween season outrunning hurricanes Wilma and alpha near the Devil's Triangle. Ah, was our marriage blessed or what? (Addams family humor but I digress..)

It seems like every time strong winds like that come my way, better luck comes to me afterwards as long as I whether the storm. Literally. Even if it is just the tropical winds, like we are going to get. Hurricane Floyd back in 1999, I swear he brought me luck in the long run, the things I needed and sought (such as work opportunities, creative outlets, friends, and love). I used to think it was the water, whenever I stood by the ocean, but now I wonder if it was the wind all along.

When hurricane Charly came through in 2004... I'm not sure how the sam hill to say this. My husband did not believe my behavior and neither did I, seeing as how the hurricane was heading quickly our way, but I swear we coasted on blessings and luck for over a year from this. The energy, like getting over that hill barrier on the bicycle and coasting downhill for a while so effortlessly.

Looking back, I did not use all of the lucky blessings wisely. Most of the lucky blessings I did use wisely, but not all of them. I hope for better this time. I hope I get the luck again this time.

I'm not making sense but let's just say I really did a jolt of energy from the hurricane winds and other focused pursuits. I did not even realize what I was doing, it was intuitive and usually I am so planned, dowdy, and logical about things. Stereotypical Virgo.

I'm thinking I should try this again and I need to now more than ever. Anyone use winds for meditations, spells, etc? Strange too, as I have a cyber-buddy who wants to help out and told me almost two weeks ago that he'd be ready to do a spell for me, but he won't be able to do it until August 19th, which is when the peak of the storm is going to be here. Now, he had no way of knowing ANY of this, about my history with storms. He had no clue about Fay. I had no clue about Fay until Friday. (I've had friends help me in the past. One of them ages ago did a voodoo spell for me, a sort of protection/happiness chant or something like that.)

It just did not occur to me until this morning. The last two summers, we did not get even the tropical winds and, lo and behold, things were heavy for us. I hope Fay can save the day.

I'm not making sense am I? It is so hard for me to explain, but I just realized it this morning, that I must have some special relationship with the air/wind. All these years, I believed it was water or maybe earth. Fire scares me too much and I just never considered wind. Could the air element be what is missing from me, so I need the assistance, the wind is my balance?
Moon_Child

Post by Moon_Child »

Your element sounds like it is air. Your experience sounds interesting..I wish I had good luck after every storm ^^ The Air element has to do with intellect, inspiration, knowledge, new beginnings and new life, wishes, and imagination. In spells and rituals it also helps find lost objects, travel, divination, freedom, aids in visualization, and guidance.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Let's hope it rings true again.

Right after Fay tippy-toed around our town, my husband got a call about starting a new job after eight months of unemployment.

My brother-in-law also sent me an e-mail for a government position available in our town, one I could qualify for. Ironically, there are none available right now in his area and the unemployment rate where he lives is very small compared to where I live.

New beginnings would be very welcome.

As for lost objects, funny you say that one too... My husband had lost his old keychain and it went missing for about two years; I went to grab an old satchel of mine that I have not touched in two years and guess what was in there? :lol:

I hope between my cyber-buddy's assistance, Fay, and the chant taught to me by Blake Goode, things will go better for us again. Things are looking a bit better, for now. We still have a very long road to recovery, but at least one major hurdle has been overcome.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”