Odd Dreams

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Phantasystar

Odd Dreams

Post by Phantasystar »

I rarely remember my dreams, and the ones I do remember are rarely vivid. Over the past 2 weeks however i've had 3 that were rather vivid and I woke up with the sense that they meant something...well at least 2 of them anyway.

One of my dreams involved my friend and I in my room making out. Shes a new friend of mines i've known for about a month and a half, but I do like her as more. She's back with her ex now, so I view her as only a friend and nothing more. Anyway, the part about this dream that gave me the feeling it had meaning was that my bedroom door started falling off the hinges for no reason. Her and I started to try to put the door back on in a hurry, but the dream ended before we could.

One of the other dreams took place like 2 nights ago. I was in the old house I lived in for 28 years back in MA. I was on the second floor looking out into my yard with my dog that died a few years back. There was a guy out in the yard that called a lion over then layed on the ground until the lion took him on his back and walked off. My dog then jumped out of the second floor window and chased a cat. At this point I found myself downstairs in the kitchen where a venomous snake began coming after me. No matter where I ran it always found a way to find me. It never once was able to bite me though, and it seemed to ignore the rest of my family in my house.

Anyway, those are 2 of the dreams that I couldnt help but feel had meaning. I looked all over the net for possible answers but couldnt find any. And no, I dont fear snakes or anything so I don't think that second one had anything to do with that.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

In the first dream, I think that as the door is coming off it's hinges, you are realising that this relationship is as well. As you said, she's back with some one else now but your still having trouble believing that she's not with you.

Sorry, I'm not getting any thing on the second one. Maybe later.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I agree with Watershield on the first dream, Houses and rooms within the houses are expressions of ourselves in dreams.
Your bedroom is what you keep private, as well as a sexual nature.
With the door coming off the hinges pretty much expresses the falling apart of the relationship, so your subconscious is trying to get that message through.

With the snake in your dream it could mean a couple of things, for me at times it can be positive and other times when I dream of snakes its negative..

I am wondering if someone around you is pushing you to do something you don’t want too, where you are needing all your strength to overcome these issues.. (the lion).
With this person are they un-trusted, are they pushing you to do something you don’t want too… Where you have already shown your strength and moved on…
The snake also represent transformation, healing, knowledge and self-renewal.

So working on what these symbols could mean to you personally might help, but I hope this has helped a little.

BB Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
Phantasystar

Post by Phantasystar »

Thanks for the responses, but im not 100% sure about the door thing. I've thought about the same thing you said to an extent and at first I thought it may have been right. I can't get into details because I don't want to talk about some of the personal things I know about her. The guy she is with from what I gather doesnt seem to care about her or her feelings very much. That does bother me a lot even though I like her because I just want her to be happy no matter what and I hate seeing great girls in relationships where the guy doesn't appreciate them.

Her and I also have a running joke at work that were together and eloping to Vegas. Some realize its a joke, but we've actually convinced a few. So to me im leaning on it meaning that something is coming into the open and the fact we couldn't really get the door back on before it ended may show that something of us will be out in the open, although im not sure what or if its good or bad.

Thanks again for the help.
nini

Post by nini »

In my reading, the falling hinges of the door pertains to lost opportunity (including your feelings of regret) of not continuing the relationship you have begun. Trying to put it back together could mean, protection---you/she wants to protect the relationship (which is difficult as she has an ex)

you second ream on the other hand is a combination of all of your mixed emotions. your dog pertains to an old lost friend. together, both of you are seeking for courage (the lion) and an inspiration (the man) to go on until such time the man is carried by the lion. These two are somewhat related to your first dream (you and your friend, remember?). both of you would like to hold on to the relationship until one is free.

Your dog chasing a cat (leaving you behind) is the girl leaving you behind when her ex comes back.

the snake in the kitchen is symbol of an threat in your comfort zone. meaning, the existence again of her ex leaves you nowhere...it did not bite you because he means no harm but is watching your every step like a little boy who's to loose his precious candy with someone, not because he likes the candy (the girl) but because he just want it.

i hope i was able to help
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
Phantasystar

Post by Phantasystar »

Wow nini. That sounds to be exact. I really think you have a talent for knowing the meanings of dreams. Thanks.
nini

Post by nini »

thanks. so glad i've been of service to you. good luck...

blessed be
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

hmmm maybe the door falling off the hinges while trying to put the door back on could be you having these feelings for her or that their are hidden feelings there that you dont want to let out in the open.. :) as for the house thing when i dream of houses i often have some upset in my family and home life or some sort of change in the mix involving that...
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”