Not a poem, but a short story?

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
Celeste Isis Kerri

Not a poem, but a short story?

Post by Celeste Isis Kerri »

I'm not sure if you can even call it a short story. I don't have a title for it either, so suggestions are appriciated.

I stood still and silent among the greenery. As I drew in a breath, I was aware of every tiny movement that surrounded me. I could hear the flowers growig the mere millimeters and the eggs that cracked as a baby made its way into the world.

I felt awed and yet I felt a familiar air with my surroundings. A presence other than I was here in the garden. It seemed familiar, loving and kind. It also seemed hated, feared and judgemental.

A bright light shone in direct contrast to the soft senery of this garden. As it dulled to a soft glow a figure began to emerge. A woman of many different faces, looked back at me.

Her eyes glistened among the folds and curves of her soft face. She opened her mouth to speak and no sound came out and yet I heard her words.

Her face brightened with a small laugh that was unheard by any ears. My mind raced with questions all needing to be answered. As I went to question her, she shook her head lightly. I would ask no questions but I'd have all the answers in time.

My heart raced at the thoughts trying so desperately to answer them, and everything stopped.

I woke with the cool calmness of fright and delight. It was only a dream, but the Goddess had come to visit me.
katrebelNY

wow

Post by katrebelNY »

wow...that was soooo good!!! how long have you been writing? i like writing too
Celeste Isis Kerri

Post by Celeste Isis Kerri »

Well I wrote that in High School for a class I took, so that was four years ago but I have stuff back to 1997.

I don't think about it, it just comes to me and I write in down.
I sometimes lose it cause I can't write fast enough. Or it's 3 in the morning and I'm not really awake.
Xeno_Lich

Post by Xeno_Lich »

Celeste Isis Kerri wrote:I sometimes lose it cause I can't write fast enough.
AHH my hand won't write fast enough *whipcrack* write faster! My brain is on fire and my hands are moving like ice....oooooh why must my hands write so slow...(this is where we have a heart melting scene...and zoom in on the face...now zoom in on the falling tear...aaaand cut.)
That's a wrap.

lol...I know what ya mean though..really I do.
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

That was really cool! Are most of your writings related to magic and the Goddess, things like that?
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
darkestlight*

i iked it!

Post by darkestlight* »

I really liked it i think it's awesome how you described her!
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

That was beautiful. I loved how you made me actually see her!! Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Poetry”