a friend keeps having the same horrible dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Szette

a friend keeps having the same horrible dream

Post by Szette »

Her dream always involves her ex-husband. She is taking their daughter to his house, but its not the house he lives in now. She goes inside and when she goes to leave, her car has turned into a black jeep and its submerged in water. For whatever reason, she gets in the jeep to leave, and he starts hitting her thru the window of the jeep. He beats her up and she wakes up. She has had this dream 4 or 5 times in the past couple of months. Now to whats really going on with them, he is trying to get her to take him back. She has a man, who she is completely in love with and he is absolutely great to her. Her ex was never physically abusive, but I have heard some of the mean things he used to say to her. I've told her she needs to start a dream journal. But in the mean time can anyone maybe help shed some light on this dream?????
Blessed Be,
Szette
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

hi Szette, let's see if i can be of help. houses and cars represent ourselves in dreams. also whomever is behind the wheel is in control. water represents the unconscious. your friend goes into a house (her) and then when she gets into her vehicle (her again, and when i think of a jeep i think of not being as secure as in a regular vehicle. like it's more open, as in, more vulnerable. understand?) her ex has access to her (the hitting, which indicates to me that he wants to be "in touch" with her, so to speak). black can represent the repressed, or shadow part of ourselves. this is an area that seeks expression and is most in need of attention. i believe that this has to do with unresolved emotions. i hope this helps and maybe makes some sense.
Szette

Post by Szette »

SHe says much thanks, that all made perfect sense to her. And she wanted me to post this dream to see what you could make of it, I keep telling her she needs to become a member here. Maybe she will. Anyway she has had this dream a couple of times, it always starts at the time of the cruxifiction of Jesus. She's there the day that they are nailing him to the cross, only its the christians that are doing it. The jist of the dream is that shes front row and he is being cruxified not for spreading the word of christianity but for paganism.
Blessed Be,
Szette
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

i suspect your friend comes from a christian background. if this is so, maybe her unconscious feels a little guilty for looking into another spiritual path. i know how hard it can be to let go of the old habits. maybe she feels that if she gets too far away from old doctrine that she will be betraying her faith. please let her know that if she signs up, she's just seeking info. exchange of ideas can be a good thing.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”